Обсуждение: Difference between insert a tuple in a table by function and by datasheet

Difference between insert a tuple in a table by function and by datasheet

От
DI Hasenöhrl
Дата:
Hi,

this is my 2nd attempt to get some links for my problem.
I don't know whether my question is so stupid or difficult or I'm in the wrong list. Please let me know.

I have the following situation: ( I use MsAccess97 as frontend, ODBC 7.1.0003)
I insert tuples in a table with a plpgsql-function, called in a form via VBA-code. It works fine, but I can't update these tuples in datasheet view. ERROR: an other user has changed in the meantime.....but I'm the only.
When I insert tuples via datasheet view, I can update these tuples, but only these.

I can't see a difference between the tuples inserted by the function and datasheet, but it looks like, that the tuples are *marked*.

Please, give me some information to solve my problem.

Thanks
Irina

RE: Difference between insert a tuple in a table by function and by datasheet

От
"Hiroshi Inoue"
Дата:
> I have the following situation: ( I use MsAccess97 as frontend, ODBC
7.1.0003)
> I insert tuples in a table with a plpgsql-function, called in a form via
VBA-code. It works fine, but I can't update these tuples in > > > datasheet
view. ERROR: an other user has changed in the meantime.....but I'm the only.
> When I insert tuples via datasheet view, I can update these tuples, but
only these.

Don't your table have float columns ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Difference between insert a tuple in a table by function and by datasheet

От
Dariusz Pietrzak

> I have the following situation: ( I use MsAccess97 as frontend, ODBC 7.1.0003)
> I insert tuples in a table with a plpgsql-function, called in a form via VBA-code. It works fine, but I can't update
thesetuples in datasheet view. ERROR: an other user has changed in the meantime.....but I'm the only.
> When I insert tuples via datasheet view, I can update these tuples, but only these.
 Answer to that is actually in a FAQ.
Try setting 'row versioning' in your ODBC source, and remember to overload
'=' operator for int4 and xid. You'll find implementation in the FAQ.
 Oh, and maybe someone knows - when in access I do 'refresh linked tables'
it's very very slow, and doesen't work the way I want ( ie - when I
changed say 'row versioning' in driver acces won't notice until I delete
and re-add linked tables).

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody