Обсуждение: Is it possible to start PostgreSQL in 'restrict' mode

Is it possible to start PostgreSQL in 'restrict' mode

От
"Birchall, Austen"

Hi

Is it possible to start a PostgreSQL cluster in ‘restrict’ mode so that only the postgres user can connect to a database i.e. as a means of keeping ‘normal’ user out when data updates etc. are being carried out?

Thanks

Austen Birchall

DBA

The Met Office

Re: Is it possible to start PostgreSQL in 'restrict' mode

От
Serge Fonville
Дата:
Hi,

Do you mean only a single user could logon?
If that is what you mean, then you can get that by simply not adding any other users.

HTH

Kind regards/met vriendelijke groet,

Serge Fonville

http://www.sergefonville.nl

Convince Microsoft!
They need to add TRUNCATE PARTITION in SQL Server

Is it possible to start a PostgreSQL cluster in ‘restrict’ mode so that only the postgres user can connect to a database i.e. as a means of keeping ‘normal’ user out when data updates etc. are being carried out?

Thanks

Austen Birchall

DBA

The Met Office

Re: Is it possible to start PostgreSQL in 'restrict' mode

Дата:
"Birchall, Austen" <austen.birchall@metoffice.gov.uk> writes:
> Is it possible to start a PostgreSQL cluster in 'restrict' mode so that only the postgres user can connect to a
databasei.e. as a means of keeping 'normal' user out when data updates etc. are being carried out?

Sure, just adjust pg_hba.conf to accept connections from only that user.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Is it possible to start PostgreSQL in 'restrict' mode

От
"Birchall, Austen"
Дата:
Hi Serge

Not really - more of a case of temporarily not allowing 'non-super' user to connect while data is being updated

Tom

I think that this is the answer - if I restrict access to the 'data_owner' user over the network by replacing the
entry:all with data_owner in the pg_hba.conf file this should allow us to carry out data updates 'in peace' as
required.

Thanks

Austen

> Is it possible to start a PostgreSQL cluster in 'restrict' mode so that only the postgres user can connect to a
databasei.e. as a means of keeping 'normal' user out when data updates etc. are being carried out?

Sure, just adjust pg_hba.conf to accept connections from only that user.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Is it possible to start PostgreSQL in 'restrict' mode

От
Luca Ferrari
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Birchall, Austen
> <austen.birchall@metoffice.gov.uk> wrote:
>> Hi Serge
>>
>> Not really - more of a case of temporarily not allowing 'non-super' user to connect while data is being updated

Altering the connection limit to the database itself? Of course, this
means you have to "push" out other active client connections.

Luca