Обсуждение: cannot locate where dataase files are stored

cannot locate where dataase files are stored

От
Ron Cherico
Дата:
The rpm package did not install version 8,3 into /usr/local/psql/bin. In
fact there is no file /usr/local/psql. I have created databases and
tables. The tables contain data I just find the database files
directory

Re: cannot locate where dataase files are stored

От
raghu ram

The rpm package did not install version 8,3 into /usr/local/psql/bin. In
fact there is no file /usr/local/psql. I have created databases and
tables. The tables contain data I just find the database files
directory

use the below command to find the path of the data directory
locate data

Enter into database,after you get the path of the installed location.

Thanks & Regards,
Raghu Ram

Re: cannot locate where dataase files are stored

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2009-07-08, Ron Cherico <red_golfer@verizon.net> wrote:
> The rpm package did not install version 8,3 into /usr/local/psql/bin.

In general no packaged software is installed into /usr/local or /opt
those places are provided for software from other sopurces.

> In fact there is no file /usr/local/psql. I have created databases and
> tables. The tables contain data I just find the database files
> directory

have you tried typing "which psql" ?

which usually works for me to find where executables are installed.

Re: cannot locate where dataase files are stored

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 11:19 -0400, Ron Cherico wrote:

> The rpm package did not install version 8,3 into /usr/local/psql/bin.
> In
> fact there is no file /usr/local/psql. I have created databases and
> tables. The tables contain data I just find the database files
> directory

data files are under /var/lib/pgsql/data.

More info can be found in README.rpm-dist or:

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore/browser/rpm/redhat/8.4/postgresql/F-11/README.rpm-dist

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com
                   http://www.gunduz.org