Обсуждение: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

От
"Greg Cocks"
Дата:
Hello,

In pgAdmin, I set up some Group Roles yesterday and assigned some table, etc accesses with them - as well as assigning
eachuser to one of the groups...

When I opened pgAdmin today, the Group Roles were listed under the Login Roles, and there were no Group Roles shown -
i.e.,"Group Roles (0)"

"What the...???"    :-)

As far as I can see, the Privileges on the tables, etc seem to have stayed as I placed them...

Suggestions? Thoughts?

Cheers!

----------
Regards,
GREG COCKS
GIS Analyst V
Gcocks |at| stoller.com
S. M. Stoller Corp
105 Technology Drive, Suite 190
Broomfield, CO 80021
www.stoller.com
303-546-4300
303-443-1408 fax
303-546-4422 direct
303-828-7576 cell

Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
Greg Cocks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In pgAdmin, I set up some Group Roles yesterday and assigned some table, etc accesses with them - as well as
assigningeach user to one of the groups...

> When I opened pgAdmin today, the Group Roles were listed under the Login Roles, and there were no Group Roles shown -
i.e.,"Group Roles (0)"

The difference, generally, between a "user" (or login) role, and a group
is the "login" privilege (I'm assuming you are running an 8.x version of
postgresql).  Perhaps it was inadvertently applied.  You might try to
just revoke the login privilege and see if that changes things.  You can
look at see if the  privilege is there by examining the pg_roles table
(select rolname, rolcanlogin from pg_roles;) .  Otherwise, it might just
be a pgadmin quirk...

Hope that helps

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

От
Robert Bernabe
Дата:
Hi All,
    Sorry I've done the google bit and scanned through the docs but I
can't seem to find how to do this...help please?

I've got a function with parameters declared as

create or replace function usf_myfxn(
_in1 text,
_in2 int,
out _out1 int,
out _out2 int,
out _out3 int,
out _out4 int)

returns record

as $$

declare

variables here....

begin

do stuff here...

and more stuff ...

return;
end;
$$ language 'plpgsql';

Now I'm trying to test it out...

so I created another function and using PGAdmin III

create or replace function usf_myfxn_test()
returns int
as $$

DECLARE

_in1 text;
_int2 int;

_count int;
_tmprecord record;
begin

-----------------------------------------------------------';

_in1 := 'whatever';
_in2 := 0;

count := 0;
for _tmprecord in select usf_myfxn(in1, in2) loop
    count := count + 1;

/*
how do I access the data in _tmprecord? Since these are parameters
within a called function? I tried _tmprecord.in1 and it doesn't
work...Help please. Can anyone point me to a good book on plpgsql? We
are quite heavy on stored procedures in the current MS SQL based system
and I'm investigating porting the system over to PG. Thanks in advance!

*?

end loop;
return 1;

END;
$$ language 'plpgsql';

select usf_myfxn_test();

Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

От
"Robert M. Bernabe"
Дата:
Sorry about the subject btw...also I've got this working already.  Thanks in
advance and ahmm anyways.