Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?

От Robert Bernabe
Тема Re: Group Roles are now Login Roles in pgAdmin?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi All,
    Sorry I've done the google bit and scanned through the docs but I
can't seem to find how to do this...help please?

I've got a function with parameters declared as

create or replace function usf_myfxn(
_in1 text,
_in2 int,
out _out1 int,
out _out2 int,
out _out3 int,
out _out4 int)

returns record

as $$

declare

variables here....

begin

do stuff here...

and more stuff ...

return;
end;
$$ language 'plpgsql';

Now I'm trying to test it out...

so I created another function and using PGAdmin III

create or replace function usf_myfxn_test()
returns int
as $$

DECLARE

_in1 text;
_int2 int;

_count int;
_tmprecord record;
begin

-----------------------------------------------------------';

_in1 := 'whatever';
_in2 := 0;

count := 0;
for _tmprecord in select usf_myfxn(in1, in2) loop
    count := count + 1;

/*
how do I access the data in _tmprecord? Since these are parameters
within a called function? I tried _tmprecord.in1 and it doesn't
work...Help please. Can anyone point me to a good book on plpgsql? We
are quite heavy on stored procedures in the current MS SQL based system
and I'm investigating porting the system over to PG. Thanks in advance!

*?

end loop;
return 1;

END;