Обсуждение: PostGreSql+Conectiva 10+initdb - Installation problems

PostGreSql+Conectiva 10+initdb - Installation problems

От
Jeanne Louize Emygdio
Дата:
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install the PostgreSql V7.4.2 on a Server Linux Conectiva 10. During the installation everything goes rigth until initdb.

When I run ./initdb /var/lib/pgsql/data the system returns the following messages:
create template1 database in /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/1...ok
initializing pg_shadow... ./initdb: line 662: cannot create temp file for here document: Permissão negada

initdb: failed

initdb: removing data directory "/var/lib/pgsql/data"

I've already check the permissions on directories above. It seems ok, but i can't complete this task.

Could someone help me?

Thaks a lot!

Jeanne Louize Emygdio
System Analyst

Re: PostGreSql+Conectiva 10+initdb - Installation problems

Дата:
Jeanne Louize Emygdio <jeanne.emygdio@gmail.com> writes:
> initializing pg_shadow... ./initdb: line 662: cannot create temp file for
> here document: Permiss=E3o negada

/tmp not world writable, perhaps?  Most shells try to put here-documents
into /tmp.

If Conectiva has SELinux, you might also be looking at a SELinux
policy problem.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostGreSql+Conectiva 10+initdb - Installation problems

От
Jeanne Louize Emygdio
Дата:
Tom,

you're right! I forgot to check this directory. Now I changed its permissions and PostGresql is running.

Thanks a lot.

Jeanne