Обсуждение: How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table

How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table

От
"Van Ingen, Lane"
Дата:
I am converting several databases from difference database vendors in PostgreSQL, but I am
finding that PostgreSQL appears to not support this datatype, unlike the other vendors we use.
The DATETIME fields coming from the other databases look like:
     '2005-01-27 15:55:04'
How do I get the same effect in Postgres CREATE TABLE statement without losing data?

Re: How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Jan 28, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Van Ingen, Lane wrote:

> I am converting several databases from difference database vendors in
> PostgreSQL, but I am
> finding that PostgreSQL appears to not support this datatype, unlike
> the other vendors we use.
> The DATETIME fields coming from the other databases look like:
>      '2005-01-27 15:55:04'
> How do I get the same effect in Postgres CREATE TABLE statement
> without losing data?

That should correspond perfectly with the timestamp data type. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/datatype-datetime.html

As far is ensuring it is parsed correctly for import, look at the
DateStyle parameter.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/runtime-config.html#GUC-
DATESTYLE

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 15:57:47 -0500,
  "Van Ingen, Lane" <lvaningen@ESNCC.com> wrote:
> I am converting several databases from difference database vendors in PostgreSQL, but I am
> finding that PostgreSQL appears to not support this datatype, unlike the other vendors we use.
> The DATETIME fields coming from the other databases look like:
>      '2005-01-27 15:55:04'
> How do I get the same effect in Postgres CREATE TABLE statement without losing data?

In postgres you want to use timestamp with time zone. (Or perhaps timestamp
without time zone, depending on what the timestamp represents.)