Re: How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Jan 28, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Van Ingen, Lane wrote:

> I am converting several databases from difference database vendors in
> PostgreSQL, but I am
> finding that PostgreSQL appears to not support this datatype, unlike
> the other vendors we use.
> The DATETIME fields coming from the other databases look like:
>      '2005-01-27 15:55:04'
> How do I get the same effect in Postgres CREATE TABLE statement
> without losing data?

That should correspond perfectly with the timestamp data type. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/datatype-datetime.html

As far is ensuring it is parsed correctly for import, look at the
DateStyle parameter.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/runtime-config.html#GUC-
DATESTYLE

John DeSoi, Ph.D.