Обсуждение: Postgresql Novice problem

Postgresql Novice problem

От
Alain-Serge Nagni
Дата:
Hello,
        I installed Postgresql on my machine under Mandrake 10.0. I'm using
unixODBC
front end to create a database. I defined a User DSN and here is what I got
from the .odbc.init file:

[MyNewDatabase]
Description             = PostgreSQL
Driver          = PostgreSQL
Trace           = No
TraceFile               =
Database                = newDb
Servername              = localhost
Username                = newuser
Password                = newpassword
Port            = 5432
Protocol                = 6.4
ReadOnly                = No
RowVersioning           = No
ShowSystemTables                = No
ShowOidColumn           = No
FakeOidIndex            = No
ConnSettings            =

But when a I try to use the Datamanager to get access to the database, it's
looks impossible. I got an error message: [unixODBC]FATAL: IDENT
authentication failed for user "newuser".

Do anyone have an idea how to solve my problem?

Best regards,
Alain-Serge

Re: Postgresql Novice problem

Дата:
Alain-Serge Nagni <akenaton@freesurf.ch> writes:
> But when a I try to use the Datamanager to get access to the database, it's
> looks impossible. I got an error message: [unixODBC]FATAL: IDENT
> authentication failed for user "newuser".

If you're using IDENT authentication then you can't log in under a
Postgres username that's different from your real (Unix) username.

(At least, not without fooling around with creating an ident user map,
which is probably more trouble than you want to go to.)

I'd suggest setting up your pg_hba.conf file so that this connection
is checked using passwords instead of IDENT.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Postgresql Novice problem

От
Alain-Serge Nagni
Дата:
On Friday 28 May 2004 18.41, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alain-Serge Nagni <akenaton@freesurf.ch> writes:
> > But when a I try to use the Datamanager to get access to the database,
> > it's looks impossible. I got an error message: [unixODBC]FATAL: IDENT
> > authentication failed for user "newuser".
>
> If you're using IDENT authentication then you can't log in under a
> Postgres username that's different from your real (Unix) username.
>
> (At least, not without fooling around with creating an ident user map,
> which is probably more trouble than you want to go to.)
>
> I'd suggest setting up your pg_hba.conf file so that this connection
> is checked using passwords instead of IDENT.
>
>             regards, tom lane
Hi,
        First of all thanks for your help.

As you suggested, I commented in the file "pg_hba.conf.sample" the following
line:
        local  all     all     ident   sameuser

and added the line this line:

        local   all     all     password

I have a new error message which is: [unixODBC]Could not connect to the
server; Could not connect to remote socket.
        I have the impression that I did not installed all the PostgreSQL
packages?

Best regards,
Alain-Serge