Re: Postgresql Novice problem

От Alain-Serge Nagni
Тема Re: Postgresql Novice problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Friday 28 May 2004 18.41, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alain-Serge Nagni <akenaton@freesurf.ch> writes:
> > But when a I try to use the Datamanager to get access to the database,
> > it's looks impossible. I got an error message: [unixODBC]FATAL: IDENT
> > authentication failed for user "newuser".
>
> If you're using IDENT authentication then you can't log in under a
> Postgres username that's different from your real (Unix) username.
>
> (At least, not without fooling around with creating an ident user map,
> which is probably more trouble than you want to go to.)
>
> I'd suggest setting up your pg_hba.conf file so that this connection
> is checked using passwords instead of IDENT.
>
>             regards, tom lane
Hi,
        First of all thanks for your help.

As you suggested, I commented in the file "pg_hba.conf.sample" the following
line:
        local  all     all     ident   sameuser

and added the line this line:

        local   all     all     password

I have a new error message which is: [unixODBC]Could not connect to the
server; Could not connect to remote socket.
        I have the impression that I did not installed all the PostgreSQL
packages?

Best regards,
Alain-Serge