Обсуждение: Problem inserting more than 80 registers!?

Problem inserting more than 80 registers!?

От
Carlos Barroso
Дата:
My first post!
Hello to all.

I'm using Postgres 7.4.2. I compiled it without changing any server
parameter.
I'm trying to do a bulk of 90 inserts in one table, commiting at the end.
My problem is that the 90 inserts are processed on the client (Hibernate),
but in my table I only have 80! It never inserts more than 80 registers.

I don't know if I have to tweak any server parameter to do bulk inserts. I
thought it had to do with WAL, but I've already increased the "wal_buffers"
parameter and still no success.

I really need help. Can't figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance.
--
Adira j� ao Net Dialup Light. Acesso profissional gratuito.
NovisNet, a Internet de quem trabalha. http://www.novisnet.pt

Re: Problem inserting more than 80 registers!?

Дата:
Carlos Barroso <miguel.barroso@mail.pt> writes:
> I'm using Postgres 7.4.2. I compiled it without changing any server
> parameter.
> I'm trying to do a bulk of 90 inserts in one table, commiting at the end.
> My problem is that the 90 inserts are processed on the client (Hibernate),
> but in my table I only have 80! It never inserts more than 80 registers.

There is certainly no such limitation in Postgres itself.  Better take
another look at your own code.  (Or Hibernate, whatever that is ...)

            regards, tom lane

Re: Problem inserting more than 80 registers!?

От
Carlos Barroso
Дата:
> Carlos Barroso <miguel.barroso@mail.pt> writes:
> > I'm using Postgres 7.4.2. I compiled it without changing any server
> > parameter.
> > I'm trying to do a bulk of 90 inserts in one table, commiting at the
end.
> > My problem is that the 90 inserts are processed on the client
(Hibernate),
> > but in my table I only have 80! It never inserts more than 80
registers.

> There is certainly no such limitation in Postgres itself.  Better take
> another look at your own code.  (Or Hibernate, whatever that is ...)

Thanks for the reply Tom.
I tried with pure JDBC and still have the same problem.
Here's the code:

//-- JDBC TESTE
Statement st = null;
for(int i = 1; i <= 90; i++) {
    st = con.createStatement();
    st.executeUpdate("INSERT INTO
plano_ensaio_sq015(id,ensaio_fk,op_fk,data_hora,estado,user_id,dt_hr)
VALUES (" + i + ",1,1,'2004-04-04 10:11:11','A','mike','2004-05-05
05:55:55')");
}
//--

Any ideas?
--
Adira j� ao Net Dialup Light. Acesso profissional gratuito.
NovisNet, a Internet de quem trabalha. http://www.novisnet.pt

Re: Problem inserting more than 80 registers!?

Дата:
Carlos Barroso <miguel.barroso@mail.pt> writes:
> I tried with pure JDBC and still have the same problem.

Hm.  I don't know enough about JDBC to think what the issue might be.
I'd suggest asking about it on the pgsql-jdbc list.

            regards, tom lane