Обсуждение: Which version?

Which version?

От
"Herbie McDuck"
Дата:
Will PostgreSQL latest version compile on a Linux 2.2.19 kernel?

Re: Which version?

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 17:52:57 -0700,
  Herbie McDuck <herbie@faams.net> wrote:
> Will PostgreSQL latest version compile on a Linux 2.2.19 kernel?

It works on 2.2.16-4 from Redhat. It is unlikely the Kernel version
would be a problem anyway.

authentication questions

От
Michael Hanna
Дата:
I have a pg7.3.3 on a computer that's available on the internet, and
behind a firewall.

on certain DBs, I want remote access via users who are not unix users
on the computer. Do I keep a table of users and passwords? I only want
them to be able to access information via a web browser(I have apache
running too, will use PHP or Tomcat, not sure. leaning towards PHP). I
looked through the pg_ident.conf docs..didn't seem to help much..

I also want to connect to the DB via openSSL. I have compiled openSSL
into my pg7.3.3, and mod_ssl is running on my apache..

I have the parts..just confused how to use them, any help or directions
would be much appreciated.
Michael

Re: authentication questions

От