Re: authentication questions

От Mendola Gaetano
Тема Re: authentication questions
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Michael Hanna" <zen@hwcn.org> wrote:
> ok, to avoid having too many users in pg_shadow, could I make a user
> called 'webapp' in pg_shadow who had access to one particular DB only,
> and this DB could contain a table of all the users who use that web
> application? seems more efficient that way..

In that way you have less controll on who is using the DB,
for example you can not use current_user in order to know
who is doing the query and you can not use the privileges on
tables, stored procedure, views.....
and last but not least why you are aware about "do not fill the
pg_shadow"?

Regards
Gaetano Mendola