Обсуждение: zero-length string error ?

zero-length string error ?

От
Aarni
Дата:
Hi !

Error Diagnostic Information

ODBC Error Code = 08S01 (Communication link failure)

Error while executing the query; ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length string

This is what I get now when trying to update thorugh a form, after power
failure last night. From command line update goes ok.

I'm running a cfml/web-application on linux RH7.3 and PG 7.3.3

Never had this before, what does it mean ?

TIA,

Aarni

Re: zero-length string error ?

От
Aarni
Дата:
Solved with a little help of my friends.

Not related to power failure or redo, but no more single or double quoted
comparisons with int-types in your sql-statement after 7.3.x ?

BR,

Aarni

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 12:12, you wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Error Diagnostic Information
>
> ODBC Error Code = 08S01 (Communication link failure)
>
> Error while executing the query; ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length string
>
> This is what I get now when trying to update thorugh a form, after power
> failure last night. From command line update goes ok.
>
> I'm running a cfml/web-application on linux RH7.3 and PG 7.3.3
>
> Never had this before, what does it mean ?
>
> TIA,
>
> Aarni

Aarni Ruuhimäki
Megative Tmi
KYMI.com

Pääsintie 26
45100 Kouvola

info@kymi.com / aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com

05 - 3755 035 / 050 - 4910 037
-------------------------------
Linux RedHat 7.3. / KDE 3.0
-------------------------------

Re: zero-length string error ?

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:54:32 +0300,
  Aarni <aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com> wrote:
> Solved with a little help of my friends.
>
> Not related to power failure or redo, but no more single or double quoted
> comparisons with int-types in your sql-statement after 7.3.x ?

Double quotes are used for quoting identifiers not data.

The error message you got is one that you get when you use an empty
string as the value for a number. Older (7.2.x I think) versions
of Postgres used to treat these as a representation for 0. Now you
get an error.

Re: zero-length string error ?

От
Aarni
Дата:
Hi,

Yes, that's what I meant basically ( my bad phrasing ), the problem was like
this:

In 7.2.x

UPDATE table
SET to_class = '#to_class#'
WHERE ...

to_class being smallint type and sometimes empty or 0 and it worked ok, with a
little check in which class the actual given ( if given ) form.turnover
belongs to.

For 7.3.3. this was fixed with

WHERE ...

i.e. as NULL or if it has a value, without single quotes.

BR,

Aarni