Обсуждение: Installing postgresql

Installing postgresql

От
"S -"
Дата:
Hi,
we are trying to ins tall postgresql and we've come up till the 5th step.(regression test) we get the following error
messagewhen we run 'gmake check':

============== removing existing temp installation ==============
============== creating temporary installation ==============
============== initializing database system ==============
============== starting postmaster ==============
pg_regress: postmaster did not start
Examine ./log/postmaster.log for the reason.
./pg_regress: kill: no such process
gmak

gmake[2]: *** [check] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chandran/postgresql-7.3.2/src/test/regress'
gmake[1]: *** [check] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chandran/postgresql-7.3.2/src/test'
gmake: *** [check] Error 2
Can someone help us wiht what this means and how to rectify it?
thanks
Sumaira
 Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8  and get 2 months FREE*

Re: Installing postgresql

Дата:
"S -" <nat_lazy@hotmail.com> writes:
> <DIV>Hi,</DIV>
> <DIV>we are trying to ins tall postgresql and we've come up till the 5th step.(regression test) we get the following
errormessage when we run 'gmake check':</DIV>
> <DIV>
> <DIR><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>
> <P>============== removing existing temp installation ==============</P>
> <P>============== creating temporary installation ==============</P>
> <P>============== initializing database system ==============</P>
> <P>============== starting postmaster ==============</P>
> <P>pg_regress: postmaster did not start</P>
> <P>Examine ./log/postmaster.log for the reason.</P>

So what does it say in log/postmaster.log?

            regards, tom lane

PS: please do not post HTML mail to the PG lists.