Installing postgresql

От S -
Тема Installing postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,
we are trying to ins tall postgresql and we've come up till the 5th step.(regression test) we get the following error
messagewhen we run 'gmake check':

============== removing existing temp installation ==============
============== creating temporary installation ==============
============== initializing database system ==============
============== starting postmaster ==============
pg_regress: postmaster did not start
Examine ./log/postmaster.log for the reason.
./pg_regress: kill: no such process
gmak

gmake[2]: *** [check] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/chandran/postgresql-7.3.2/src/test/regress'
gmake[1]: *** [check] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/chandran/postgresql-7.3.2/src/test'
gmake: *** [check] Error 2
Can someone help us wiht what this means and how to rectify it?
thanks
Sumaira
 Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8  and get 2 months FREE*