Обсуждение: relation problem

relation problem

От
"Dax Duskin"
Hi everybody:

I created a table using pgaccess and put some sample data in it.  When I went to
run a query on it psql I found that there was no relation.  "Relation does not
exist."  It looks like I completely lost my table.  I'm just glad it wasn't real
data.  I also tried running a perl script with a query to the table and it
returned an error.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,
Dax Duskin

Re: relation problem

От
David Merrill
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 11:55:04AM -0600, Dax Duskin wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>
> I created a table using pgaccess and put some sample data in it.  When I went to
> run a query on it psql I found that there was no relation.  "Relation does not
> exist."  It looks like I completely lost my table.  I'm just glad it wasn't real
> data.  I also tried running a perl script with a query to the table and it
> returned an error.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on?

Sounds like maybe you are not in the same database. Did you check to
see if you accidentally created the table in a different database than
you intended?

Linux Documentation Project                   david@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

No directory.

Re: relation problem

От
Louis Bertrand
Things to check: set the right PGUSER? Connected to the database you
expected?

I tend to mistrust pgaccess, not because it's a bad tool (it's quite good
actually), but because of the chances for newbie pilot error. I stick with
psql for experimentation. I can run my select/insert/create/drop and so on
with the minimum of layers between me and the database engine.

Ciao
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Dax Duskin wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
> I created a table using pgaccess and put some sample data in it.  When I went to
> run a query on it psql I found that there was no relation.  "Relation does not
> exist."  It looks like I completely lost my table.  I'm just glad it wasn't real
> data.  I also tried running a perl script with a query to the table and it
> returned an error.
>
> Any ideas as to what is going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Dax Duskin

Re: relation problem

От
Jeff Daugherty
Дата:
Something to check:
   Case sensitivity.   If you create a table in pgaccess with a capital
letter in it, when querying the table in psql you will need to put the
table name in quotes "".
SELECT * FROM "Table";

Jeff Daugherty
Database Systems Engineer