Обсуждение: [ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections

[ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections

От
Barry Bell

We have BIRT report with multiple Queries inside the report.
Each Qurery inside the BIRT report is creating a different connection.
Any Ideas how to fix this? (Report may have upto 100 queries)

 The problem: Each call of dataset open a connection to the source but
 does not close it after dataset execution.
 (This does not happen under a different DB like Oracle or Mysql)

Barry Bell

Re: [ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
How would that be possible ? JDBC doesn't open the connections ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

We have BIRT report with multiple Queries inside the report.
Each Qurery inside the BIRT report is creating a different connection.
Any Ideas how to fix this? (Report may have upto 100 queries)

 The problem: Each call of dataset open a connection to the source but
 does not close it after dataset execution.
 (This does not happen under a different DB like Oracle or Mysql)

Barry Bell

Re: [ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 8/14/2014 1:20 PM, Barry Bell wrote:
> We have BIRT report with multiple Queries inside the report.
> Each Qurery inside the BIRT report is creating a different connection.
> Any Ideas how to fix this? (Report may have upto 100 queries)
>

>   The problem: Each call of dataset open a connection to the source but
>   does not close it after dataset execution.
>   (This does not happen under a different DB like Oracle or Mysql)

sounds like a broken application to me.   very broken.   the API calls
to JDBC are the same regardless of what database you're connecting to.
I would be talking with the application developers or support crew.

Re: [ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 08/15/2014 07:34 AM, John R Pierce wrote:

>>   The problem: Each call of dataset open a connection to the source but
>>   does not close it after dataset execution.
>>   (This does not happen under a different DB like Oracle or Mysql)
>
> sounds like a broken application to me.   very broken.   the API calls
> to JDBC are the same regardless of what database you're connecting to.
> I would be talking with the application developers or support crew.

Indeed; I struggle to see how it could make new connections with Pg, but
not with MySQL.

Unless perhaps you've configured a pooling DataSource with MySQL, and
you're using the simple DataSource with PostgreSQL?

Please show the full connection configuration, with
usernames/IPs/passwords obscured, for both MySQL and PostgreSQL setups
please.

Re: [ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Barry,

How can it not create a connection in Oracle or MySql ?