Re: [ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [ODBC] BIRT report opening multiple connections
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 08/15/2014 09:49 PM, Lussier, Denis wrote:
> My suspicion is that Barry is deploying his BIRT reports in a web
> container that is using connection pooling to the RDBMS.   Since the
> BIRT report doesn't seem to be issuing a a close(), the connection
> pooler keeps using a new physical connection for each subquery.

My own WAG is that they've configured PgJDBC using org.postgresql.Driver
or org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource but have used DataSource
implementations with internal pooling on other vendors' drivers.

All we can do is hand-wave, guess, and waste time without at minimum seeing:

- The code; and
- the database connection configuration details

so Barry, please provide those details.