Обсуждение: Inserting Fingerprint templates as varchar not as bytea type in PostgreSQL

Inserting Fingerprint templates as varchar not as bytea type in PostgreSQL

От
cubfi
Дата:
I am not able to insert fingerprint templates in db. I am using the datatype
as varchar(4000).
But when i tried with bytea type itk ok.
Isn't possible to insert these templates as varchar?
I have tried with varchar but its showing the illegal argument exception "\0
not allowed".

Re: Inserting Fingerprint templates as varchar not as bytea type in PostgreSQL

От
Maciek Sakrejda
Дата:
PostgreSQL forbids character code 0 (NULL, the delimiter of C-style
strings) in varchar columns.
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com