Inserting Fingerprint templates as varchar not as bytea type in PostgreSQL

От cubfi
Тема Inserting Fingerprint templates as varchar not as bytea type in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I am not able to insert fingerprint templates in db. I am using the datatype
as varchar(4000).
But when i tried with bytea type itk ok.
Isn't possible to insert these templates as varchar?
I have tried with varchar but its showing the illegal argument exception "\0
not allowed".