Обсуждение: Which Resultset types are supported "nativly"?

Which Resultset types are supported "nativly"?

От
"Clemens Eisserer"
Дата:
Hello,

Currently I am writing a frontend for a postgres database using a
framework which relies on ResultSets of this type:

rs.setType(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE);
rs.setConcurrency(ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);

Some time ago there was a discussion that with some options the
postgres-jdbc driver would always send all results to the client,
because some scolling-operations are not supported in the server.

How will these options affect postgres and its jdbc driver? Will it
send all results to the client in one go?

Thank you in advance, lg Clemens

Re: Which Resultset types are supported "nativly"?

От
Kris Jurka

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Currently I am writing a frontend for a postgres database using a
> framework which relies on ResultSets of this type:
>
> rs.setType(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE);
> rs.setConcurrency(ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);

Currently scroll sensitive result sets are unimplmeneted and are silently
remapped to insensitive results.

> Some time ago there was a discussion that with some options the
> postgres-jdbc driver would always send all results to the client,
> because some scolling-operations are not supported in the server.

The documentation describes the requirements for the driver not to
request all results at once:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/82/query.html#query-with-cursor

Kris Jurka