Re: Which Resultset types are supported "nativly"?

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Which Resultset types are supported "nativly"?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> Currently I am writing a frontend for a postgres database using a
> framework which relies on ResultSets of this type:
>
> rs.setType(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE);
> rs.setConcurrency(ResultSet.CONCUR_UPDATABLE);

Currently scroll sensitive result sets are unimplmeneted and are silently
remapped to insensitive results.

> Some time ago there was a discussion that with some options the
> postgres-jdbc driver would always send all results to the client,
> because some scolling-operations are not supported in the server.

The documentation describes the requirements for the driver not to
request all results at once:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/82/query.html#query-with-cursor

Kris Jurka