Обсуждение: Optimizations in the latest driver

Optimizations in the latest driver

От
Julien Patrouix
Дата:
Hello,

I'm currently using jdbc driver version 8.2dev-503 (jdbc3), and I'm
working on an application that performs massive insertions.
While profiling it, I noticed some overload in the driver. I made some
quite straightforward modifications that removed those overloads.

I would be happy to contribute to the improvement of the driver, and
would like to know what is the best way to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Julien Patrouix.

Re: Optimizations in the latest driver

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Julien,

Send a context diff of your changes.. to the list.

cvs -c diff

Dave
On 28-Aug-06, at 3:35 AM, Julien Patrouix wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently using jdbc driver version 8.2dev-503 (jdbc3), and I'm
> working on an application that performs massive insertions.
> While profiling it, I noticed some overload in the driver. I made
> some quite straightforward modifications that removed those overloads.
>
> I would be happy to contribute to the improvement of the driver,
> and would like to know what is the best way to do so.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Julien Patrouix.

Re: Optimizations in the latest driver

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 09:35 +0200, Julien Patrouix wrote:

> I'm currently using jdbc driver version 8.2dev-503 (jdbc3), and I'm
> working on an application that performs massive insertions.
> While profiling it, I noticed some overload in the driver. I made some
> quite straightforward modifications that removed those overloads.
>
> I would be happy to contribute to the improvement of the driver, and
> would like to know what is the best way to do so.

I didn't see any further comments on this.

Are you still willing to share your work?

--
  Simon Riggs

Re: Optimizations in the latest driver

От
Julien Patrouix
Дата:
Simon Riggs wrote:
I'm currently using jdbc driver version 8.2dev-503 (jdbc3), and I'm
working on an application that performs massive insertions.
While profiling it, I noticed some overload in the driver. I made some
quite straightforward modifications that removed those overloads.

I would be happy to contribute to the improvement of the driver, and
would like to know what is the best way to do so.
I didn't see any further comments on this.
Me neither.
Are you still willing to share your work?

Yes of course. Maybe I did not understood well the procedure, if any ?
--

Julien Patrouix

Genoscope
(+33) 0 1 60 87 25 94
mailto:jpatroui@genoscope.cns.fr

Re: Optimizations in the latest driver

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 13:27 +0200, Julien Patrouix wrote:

> > Are you still willing to share your work?
> >

> Yes of course. Maybe I did not understood well the procedure, if any ?

Please post your changes as a patch to this list as a diff -c patch that
applies cleanly to the driver source.

For each specific change some accompanying docs are likely to be
required as well as the test cases and test results that show your
performance improvements have been successful.

Sounds like we need a few words on the FAQ to explain this? Please give
all the feedback you can so we can encourage others also.

--
  Simon Riggs