Обсуждение: JDBC 8.0-310 + Crystal Reports 10 == Not Implemented

JDBC 8.0-310 + Crystal Reports 10 == Not Implemented

От
"Dave Held"
Дата:
When trying to use the Business Objects Business View
Manager to create a Data Foundation through the
aforementioned JDBC driver, tables containing NUMERIC
fields fail to be addable, giving only the non-helpful
error message: "Not Implemented".  I know it's a problem
with the JDBC driver, because the ODBC driver works just
fine.  If I must, I will use the ODBC driver, but I
prefer the JDBC driver because it seems to work better
in other cases.  I don't have a stack trace because I'm
not accessing the JDBC driver programmatically.  I know
it's a problem with NUMERIC fields because tables not
having NUMERIC fields work just fine, and only those
with NUMERIC fields fail.  I also notice that the problem
is not fixed in the development version.

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group
200 14th Ave. East,  Sartell, MN 56377
320.534.3637 320.253.7800 800.752.8129

Re: JDBC 8.0-310 + Crystal Reports 10 == Not Implemented

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Dave Held wrote:

> When trying to use the Business Objects Business View
> Manager to create a Data Foundation through the
> aforementioned JDBC driver, tables containing NUMERIC
> fields fail to be addable, giving only the non-helpful
> error message: "Not Implemented".

Someone else reported this before and we added additional error text to
the not implemented message to help track down what it needed to work.
Unfortunately they never tried it and got back to us.  Does the
development driver provide any more detail?

Kris Jurka

Re: JDBC 8.0-310 + Crystal Reports 10 == Not Implemented

От
"Dave Held"
> Someone else reported this before and we added additional
> error text to the not implemented message to help track
> down what it needed to work.
> Unfortunately they never tried it and got back to us.
> Does the development driver provide any more detail?

Unfortunately not.  It gives exactly the same message as the
production driver.  I wonder if this problem has to do with
incomplete support for DatabaseMetaData methods?  After all,
the tool I am using shows table schema information rather
than raw data (it's a modeling/designer tool).

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group
200 14th Ave. East,  Sartell, MN 56377
320.534.3637 320.253.7800 800.752.8129

Re: JDBC 8.0-310 + Crystal Reports 10 == Not Implemented

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Dave Held wrote:

> Unfortunately not.  It gives exactly the same message as the
> production driver.  I wonder if this problem has to do with
> incomplete support for DatabaseMetaData methods?  After all,
> the tool I am using shows table schema information rather
> than raw data (it's a modeling/designer tool).

Actually looking closer, the 8.0-310 driver should report "This method is
not yet implemented." and newer drivers should report "Method {0} is not
yet implemented."  Getting exactly "Not Implemented" from Crystal
Reports seems to indicate that this is their error message, not ours.
Unless of course they are taking our SQLState code for "Feature not
supported" and reporting that as "Not Implemented".  I don't have any
suggestions other than to try and contact Crystal Reports support.

Kris Jurka

Re: JDBC 8.0-310 + Crystal Reports 10 == Not Implemented

От
Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Дата:
Did anybody use Crystal Reports with PostgreSQL for business critical
stuff? Recently we have seen some Crystal Reports cores with PostgreSQL.

    Best regards,

        Hans

Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Dave Held wrote:
>
>> When trying to use the Business Objects Business View
>> Manager to create a Data Foundation through the
>> aforementioned JDBC driver, tables containing NUMERIC
>> fields fail to be addable, giving only the non-helpful
>> error message: "Not Implemented".
>

> Someone else reported this before and we added additional error text to
> the not implemented message to help track down what it needed to work.
> Unfortunately they never tried it and got back to us.  Does the
> development driver provide any more detail?
>
> Kris Jurka

Cybertec Geschwinde & Schönig GmbH
Schöngrabern 134; A-2020 Hollabrunn
Tel: +43/1/205 10 35 / 340