Обсуждение: Client Connection vs. JDBC Connections vs. Postgres processes

Client Connection vs. JDBC Connections vs. Postgres processes

От
Scott Goldstein
Дата:
Is the following equation true?

Postgres Client Connections = Open JDBC Connections = Postgres server processes

If so, I can configure the max for each through "max_connections" property, correct?
If not, how do they relate and how do I configure the resource limits?

Thanks.

Scott

Re: Client Connection vs. JDBC Connections vs. Postgres processes

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Scott Goldstein wrote:

> Postgres Client Connections = Open JDBC Connections = Postgres server
> processes

Each Connection made using the postgres JDBC driver opens a connection
to the postmaster resulting in a new server process, yes. You might have
other postgres clients, too, and you might have non-postgres JDBC
connections that obviously don't affect the postmaster.

> If so, I can configure the max for each through "max_connections"
> property, correct?

Yeah.

-O