Re: Client Connection vs. JDBC Connections vs. Postgres processes

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Client Connection vs. JDBC Connections vs. Postgres processes
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Scott Goldstein wrote:

> Postgres Client Connections = Open JDBC Connections = Postgres server
> processes

Each Connection made using the postgres JDBC driver opens a connection
to the postmaster resulting in a new server process, yes. You might have
other postgres clients, too, and you might have non-postgres JDBC
connections that obviously don't affect the postmaster.

> If so, I can configure the max for each through "max_connections"
> property, correct?

Yeah.

-O