Обсуждение: JDBC Driver Modifies Calendar passed into setTimestamp() creates problem with Hibernate

JDBC Driver Modifies Calendar passed into setTimestamp() creates problem with Hibernate

От
Michael Youngstrom
Дата:
There appears to be a possible problem with PreparedStatement's

setTimestamp(int parameterIndex, Timestamp x, Calendar cal)

The Calendar object passed into this method is modified by
PostgreSQL's JDBC driver.  This causes problems with Hibernate.  I
offered a solution for hibernate to clone the calendar before calling
the method but Gavin King of Hibernate believes it's the JDBC driver's
problem.  Here is the link to the hibernate bug discussed.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-405

Mike

Re: JDBC Driver Modifies Calendar passed into setTimestamp()

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
I'd suggest that we shouldn't be modifying the calendar object either.

Without looking at the bug, I'd probably agree with him.

dave

Michael Youngstrom wrote:

>There appears to be a possible problem with PreparedStatement's
>
>setTimestamp(int parameterIndex, Timestamp x, Calendar cal)
>
>The Calendar object passed into this method is modified by
>PostgreSQL's JDBC driver.  This causes problems with Hibernate.  I
>offered a solution for hibernate to clone the calendar before calling
>the method but Gavin King of Hibernate believes it's the JDBC driver's
>problem.  Here is the link to the hibernate bug discussed.
>
>http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-405
>
>Mike

Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com
519 939 0336
ICQ#14675561

Re: JDBC Driver Modifies Calendar passed into setTimestamp()

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'd suggest that we shouldn't be modifying the calendar object either.
>
> Without looking at the bug, I'd probably agree with him.

I took a brief look at setTimestamp etc a few weeks ago and they looked
pretty horrible :(

Who's looking after that bit of the code at the moment? It probably
needs an owner at a minimum. (I'd offer to rewrite it, but I have no
time to spend on the driver at the moment..)

-O

Re: JDBC Driver Modifies Calendar passed into setTimestamp()

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Oliver,

Not sure anyone is tending to that code at the moment, I'll patch it so that it doesn't modify the incoming
calendar object.

--
Dave Cramer
http://www.postgresintl.com