Обсуждение: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date

patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date

От
Vadim Nasardinov
Дата:
Is this the right list for sending JDBC-specific patches or should
they be directed to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org?

Anyhow-

Changes

    This patch partially brings org/postgresql/test/README up to date.
    The document doesn't seem to haved changed much since 2001:
        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2001-08/msg00350.php
        http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2001-09/msg00000.php
          http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2001-09/msg00155.php

    Since the JDBC driver is no longer part of the main tree in
    http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/ I removed all
    references to the latter.

    I also updated the document to reflect the fact that the tests are
    now run via "ant test" rather than "make; make check".  I also
    updated a couple of paths to files that seem to have been shuffled
    around.

    Lastly, I deleted trailing whitespace.

Question

    The document refers to
    http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html

    Would it make sense to provide instructions for the seemingly
    newer test suite available at
    http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_3_1.html

Thanks,
Vadim

Вложения

Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Vadim Nasardinov wrote:

> Is this the right list for sending JDBC-specific patches or should
> they be directed to pgsql-patches@postgresql.org?

Everything about JDBC happens here.

>     This patch partially brings org/postgresql/test/README up to date.

I've applied this, but I think more effort should be made in getting this
information into the documentation on the website:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/intro.html#Test+Suite

This file is hard to find and we want to centralize rather than duplicate
information.

>     The document refers to
>     http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html
>     Would it make sense to provide instructions for the seemingly
>     newer test suite available at
>     http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_3_1.html

Yes.  I know Dave Cramer was spending some time trying to get PostgreSQL
to pass the newer version, so you might hit him up for the sql scripts and
configuration he used.

Kris Jurka

JDBC CTS 1.2.1 (was: Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date)

От
Vadim Nasardinov
Дата:
On Friday 22 October 2004 18:40, Kris Jurka wrote:
> I've applied this, but I think more effort should be made in getting
> this information into the documentation on the website:
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/intro.html#Test+Suite

Sure, that makes sense.  I hadn't noticed this document.  The CVS page
[1] did not mention that in addition to

  $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@gborg.postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot/pgjdbc co -P pgjdbc

you could also check out

  $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@gborg.postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot/pgjdbc co -P www

Now that you mentioned it, I'll keep this in mind.

> >  The document refers to
> >  http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html
> >  Would it make sense to provide instructions for the seemingly
> >  newer test suite available at
> >  http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_3_1.html
>
> Yes.  I know Dave Cramer was spending some time trying to get
> PostgreSQL to pass the newer version, so you might hit him up for
> the sql scripts and configuration he used.

Before attempting to tackle the 1.3.1 suite, I tried to get 1.2.1 up
and running.  My results are as follows:

    PASSED:  1778
    FAILED:   510

The attached report lists the names of failing tests.  Do these
numbers seem to be in the right ballpark, or am I wildly off base
here?  I haven't begun to take a closer look at failures [2] yet.
Thought I'd ask here first.

BTW, I wrote a little script to automate the testsuite setup [3].  If
anyone finds it useful, it might make sense to find a place for it in
CVS.

Thanks,
Vadim

Footnotes
 1. http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/cvs.html
 2. http://people.redhat.com/~vadimn/scratch/pgsql-jdbc/logs/logs-2004-10-26.tar.gz
 3. http://people.redhat.com/~vadimn/scratch/pgsql-jdbc/cts/cts-setup.py

Вложения

Re: JDBC CTS 1.2.1

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Vadim Nasardinov wrote:

> Before attempting to tackle the 1.3.1 suite, I tried to get 1.2.1 up
> and running.  My results are as follows:
>
>     PASSED:  1778
>     FAILED:   510
>
> The attached report lists the names of failing tests.  Do these
> numbers seem to be in the right ballpark, or am I wildly off base
> here?  I haven't begun to take a closer look at failures [2] yet.
> Thought I'd ask here first.

Lots of those failures seem to be this same error:

> SVR: createString1: create table ctstable1 (TYPE_ID int, TYPE_DESC varchar(32), primary key(TYPE_ID))
> SVR-ERROR: SQLException creating ctstable2 or ctstable1 table
> SVR-ERROR: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block
> SVR: Closed the database connection
> SVR-ERROR: Setup Failed!

which looks like a setup problem of some sort rather than a real failure.

-O

Re: JDBC CTS 1.2.1

От
Vadim Nasardinov