JDBC CTS 1.2.1 (was: Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date)

От Vadim Nasardinov
Тема JDBC CTS 1.2.1 (was: Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date)
Дата
Re: JDBC CTS 1.2.1  (Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn@redhat.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Friday 22 October 2004 18:40, Kris Jurka wrote:
> I've applied this, but I think more effort should be made in getting
> this information into the documentation on the website:
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/intro.html#Test+Suite

Sure, that makes sense.  I hadn't noticed this document.  The CVS page
[1] did not mention that in addition to

  $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@gborg.postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot/pgjdbc co -P pgjdbc

you could also check out

  $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@gborg.postgresql.org:/usr/local/cvsroot/pgjdbc co -P www

Now that you mentioned it, I'll keep this in mind.

> >  The document refers to
> >  http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html
> >  Would it make sense to provide instructions for the seemingly
> >  newer test suite available at
> >  http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_3_1.html
>
> Yes.  I know Dave Cramer was spending some time trying to get
> PostgreSQL to pass the newer version, so you might hit him up for
> the sql scripts and configuration he used.

Before attempting to tackle the 1.3.1 suite, I tried to get 1.2.1 up
and running.  My results are as follows:

    PASSED:  1778
    FAILED:   510

The attached report lists the names of failing tests.  Do these
numbers seem to be in the right ballpark, or am I wildly off base
here?  I haven't begun to take a closer look at failures [2] yet.
Thought I'd ask here first.

BTW, I wrote a little script to automate the testsuite setup [3].  If
anyone finds it useful, it might make sense to find a place for it in
CVS.

Thanks,
Vadim

Footnotes