Обсуждение: maxconnection

maxconnection

От
"zhuj"
Дата:
hi,all:
    I want to constraint the maximum number of concurrent connections to 25
in postgres
jdbc driver. There are no methods for this
change. How would i do?

TIA
                                 zhuj

Re: maxconnection

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
You have to limit the connections on the backend, in postgresql.conf.

Dave
On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 05:22, zhuj wrote:
> hi,all:
>     I want to constraint the maximum number of concurrent connections to 25
> in postgres
> jdbc driver. There are no methods for this
> change. How would i do?
>
> TIA
>                                  zhuj

Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>

Re: maxconnection

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Really, what happens? I am pretty sure you won't get more than 25
connections.

Dave
On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 21:03, zhuj wrote:
> I try to edit the postgresql.conf, set
> "max_connections " to 25 then restart
> postgres, but it seems not work.

Дата:
I am testing our connection pool program.
The constructor of connection pool class
shows below:
public ConnectionPool(int size, int maxSize) throws  SQLException {
    try {
        this.size = size;
        this.maxSize = maxSize;
        for (int i = 0; i < this.size; i++) {
            PooledConnection pooledConnection = (PooledConnection)
                   DataSource.this.getPooledConnection();// get connection
from postgres
            if (this.connectionMemento == null)
                  this.connectionMemento =
pooledConnection.createConnectionMemento();
            pooledConnection.addConnectionEventListener(this);
            this.pool.add(pooledConnection);
        }
    } catch (SQLException e) {
        closeAll(this.pool);
        throw e;
    }
}

the details of getPooledConnection() method:
public javax.sql.PooledConnection getPooledConnection() throws SQLException
{
        return new PooledConnection(DriverManager.getConnection(this.url,
this.user,
               this.password));
}

The test program create the ConnectionPool object:
    new ConnectionPool(30, 50);

if max connection is set to 25, "new ConnectionPool(30, 50)"
should throw SQLException. But it did not. It runs normally.

> Really, what happens? I am pretty sure you won't get more than 25
> connections.
>
> Dave
> On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 21:03, zhuj wrote:
> > I try to edit the postgresql.conf, set
> > "max_connections " to 25 then restart
> > postgres, but it seems not work.

Дата:
I try to edit the postgresql.conf, set
"max_connections " to 25 then restart
postgres, but it seems not work.

> You have to limit the connections on the backend, in postgresql.conf.
>
> Dave
> On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 05:22, zhuj wrote:
> > hi,all:
> >     I want to constraint the maximum number of concurrent connections to
25
> > in postgres
> > jdbc driver. There are no methods for this
> > change. How would i do?
> >
> > TIA
> >                                  zhuj

> >       subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
> >       message can get through to the mailing list cleanly
> >
> --
> Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>

Re: maxconnection

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
You likely need to increase the shared_buffers to at least 2* max
connections.  Do you have logging of any kind turned on?  If you have
silent_mode set to true, set it to false and try starting the database
again and look for error messages.  If you've got it set to log somewhere,
read the logs after trying to restart.  Or by "not work" do you mean it
doesn't limit the max connections properly?