Обсуждение: Setup

Setup

От
Scott Taylor
Дата:
I would be grateful if someone could answers a couple of questions

I want to connect to PostgreSQL through Open Office on RH8. I have only
got the j2re1.4.1-01 package, as I could not get the SDK because it
takes longer than 2 hours on my modem to download and my ISP disconnects
me.

1.Can I just get the JDBC drivers without SDK?
2.Are there any good/simple docs on setup for JDBC as the PostgreSQL
docs assume you are installing and compiling code and are over
complicated?

Regards
--
Scott Taylor
Managing Director

Phone: +44 7767 257 371
Email: scott.taylor@4i-dotcom.com
Web: http://www.4i-dotcom.com

This transmission is confidential and intended for the named recipient
only. Should you not be the person or entity named, please be advised
that you have received this in error, and that you should delete this
immediately.

"™µú¡Ûû†ÚV´}_aGG)O¤ÇÞä‡ïŠeØWŒ`î”ÀO‘Ãü–ÀJèŠeB–ò˵ýõ[\%ðˆ;.Aó¶¡UGÒ~å?~‡¹PÉFÃL¬7¾tI

Re: Setup

От
"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
Scott-

I've put together a newbie-oriented JDBC FAQ that doesn't assume you want to compile-your-own. Take a look at
http://www.fankhausers.com/postgresql/jdbc.I've never used Open Office myself, but if it connects via JDBC this won't
behard.

I think your task just comes down to this:

-Enable network socket connections on the DB server.
-Download the driver.
-Add the driver to your classpath.

(and finally, let us know how it went so we can be more helpful the next person who asks.)

-Nick