Обсуждение: which JDBC driver

which JDBC driver

От
Richard Emberson
Дата:
As far as I can find there are two different JDBC drivers for
postgresql:

jxDBCon.jar
http://jxdbcon.sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jxdbcon

and

postgresql.jar
http://jdbc.postgresql.org

Which is better, more mature, fastest, etc.?

Thanks

Richard

Re: which JDBC driver

От
"otisg"
Дата:
Hello,

I need to chose a JDBC driver for PostgreSQL, too, and I was wondering if anyone has tried both and has any comments.
How about the authors of the official PostgreSQL JDBC driver?

Thanks,
Otis
Get your own FREE email account at iVillage.com!
http://webmail.ivillage.com/

> As far as I can find there are two different JDBC drivers for
> postgresql:
>
> jxDBCon.jar
> http://jxdbcon.sourceforge.net
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jxdbcon
>
> and
>
> postgresql.jar
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org
>
> Which is better, more mature, fastest, etc.?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

Re: which JDBC driver

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Not sure anyone on this list has tried the other driver. The original authors are not active in development anymore, however they may be on the list still.

I use the driver from the postgres site and it suits my purposes fine.

Dave
I need to chose a JDBC driver for PostgreSQL, too, and I was wondering if anyone has tried both and has any comments.
How about the authors of the official PostgreSQL JDBC driver?

Thanks,
Otis
Get your own FREE email account at iVillage.com!
http://webmail.ivillage.com/

> As far as I can find there are two different JDBC drivers for
> postgresql:
>
> jxDBCon.jar
> http://jxdbcon.sourceforge.net
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/jxdbcon
>
> and
>
> postgresql.jar
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org
>
> Which is better, more mature, fastest, etc.?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

Problem with array ... help!

От
Alexey Slynko
Дата:
I have a table with column type int[], for example:
CREATE TABLE test (
    id int[],
    description text
);

When I try to get some data from this table (i.e. SELECT * FROM test),
JDBC create an exception:
"Class names may not have _ in them. You supplied {0}."
What does it mean ? Can anyone post example for working with arrays in
JDBC ? Please, help...

Thanks,

                Alexey Slynko

Re: Problem with array ... help!

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Alexey,

I believe there is has been a patch for this and the development driver
should solve this problem.

Dave
I have a table with column type int[], for example:
CREATE TABLE test (
    id int[],
    description text
);

When I try to get some data from this table (i.e. SELECT * FROM test),
JDBC create an exception: "Class names may not have _ in them. You
supplied {0}." What does it mean ? Can anyone post example for working
with arrays in JDBC ? Please, help...

Thanks,

                Alexey Slynko

Re: Problem with array ... help!

От
Alexey Slynko
Дата:
> Alexey,
>
> I believe there is has been a patch for this and the development driver
> should solve this problem.

Well, I solve this problem. I've patched the latest development version of
JDBC. There is a patch:

*** src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/ResultSet.java.orig
Tue Mar 12 14:49:59 2002
--- src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2/ResultSet.java     Tue Mar 12
14:50:22 2002
***************
*** 767,772 ****
--- 767,774 ----
                        case Types.BINARY:
                        case Types.VARBINARY:
                                return getBytes(columnIndex);
+                       case Types.ARRAY:
+                               return getArray(columnIndex);
                        default:
                                String type = field.getPGType();
                                // if the backend doesn't know the type
then coerce to String

> Dave

                Alexey Slynko
                Stack Technology
                E-mail: slynko@stack.net
                Tel.: +7(095)939-85-86 (130)

Re: Problem with array ... help!

Дата:
Someone has applied this patch to CVS.  Thanks.