Обсуждение: TCL API

TCL API

От
Carsten Zerbst
Дата:
Ok,

I don't want to annoy anybody, but again: where is the documentation of
the tcl-api of postgres ?

Bye, Carsten
--
Dipl. Ing. Carsten Zerbst         |   See the results of the                                 |   1. European Tcl User
Meeting!

zerbst@tu-harburg.de              |
http://www.tu-harburg.de/~skfcz   |   http://www.tu-harburg.de/skf/tcltk

Re: TCL API

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I don't want to annoy anybody, but again: where is the documentation of
> the tcl-api of postgres ?

In a chapter in the Programmer's Guide, "pgtcl - TCL Binding Library".
                    - Thomas

Re: TCL API

От
davidw@linuxcare.com (David N. Welton)
Дата:
[ please CC me in responses ]

So... how is the old Tcl API getting along?  Anyone going to do a
rewrite for 8.something-modern?

Thankyou,
--
David N. Welton, Responsabile Progetti Open Source, Linuxcare Italia spa
tel +39.049.8043411 fax +39.049.8043412 cel +39.348.2879508

Re: TCL API

От
davidw@linuxcare.com (David N. Welton)
Дата:
davidw@linuxcare.com (David N. Welton) writes:

> [ please CC me in responses ]
> So... how is the old Tcl API getting along?  Anyone going to do a
> rewrite for 8.something-modern?

Ok, let's rephrase this - does anyone mind if *I* hack on it some?  Is
it likely someone will have time to review my changes and commit them?

David N. Welton, Responsabile Progetti Open Source, Linuxcare Italia spa
tel +39.049.8043411 fax +39.049.8043412 cel +39.348.2879508
davidw@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.

Re: TCL API

Дата:
davidw@linuxcare.com (David N. Welton) writes:
>> So... how is the old Tcl API getting along?  Anyone going to do a
>> rewrite for 8.something-modern?

> Ok, let's rephrase this - does anyone mind if *I* hack on it some?  Is
> it likely someone will have time to review my changes and commit them?

Go for it!  I don't think the tcl code has anyone particularly caring
for it at the moment.  If you want to step up and fill the gap, more
power to you.

If you're thinking of API changes as opposed to just bug fixes, I'd
suggest posting proposals on pginterfaces before you go too far with
implementation.
        regards, tom lane

Re: TCL API

От
davidw@linuxcare.com (David N. Welton)
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> davidw@linuxcare.com (David N. Welton) writes:
> >> So... how is the old Tcl API getting along?  Anyone going to do a
> >> rewrite for 8.something-modern?

> > Ok, let's rephrase this - does anyone mind if *I* hack on it some?  Is
> > it likely someone will have time to review my changes and commit them?

> Go for it!  I don't think the tcl code has anyone particularly
> caring for it at the moment.  If you want to step up and fill the
> gap, more power to you.

Ok, I will try to do what I can.  I don't have a whole lot of time,
though.

> If you're thinking of API changes as opposed to just bug fixes, I'd
> suggest posting proposals on pginterfaces before you go too far with
> implementation.

Ok, for starters, here is a patch which implements a basic move to the
Obj API.  I intend to start delving deeper, so I wanted to post this
before I break anything;-)

David N. Welton, Responsabile Progetti Open Source, Linuxcare Italia spa
tel +39.049.8043411 fax +39.049.8043412 cel +39.348.2879508
davidw@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.

Вложения