Обсуждение: ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !

ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !

От
Jyry Kuukkanen
Дата:
>Hello,
> I've a problem in the very first state of the odbc-connection from a
> NT 4.0, SP4 and my ODBC driver for PostgreSQL and I get the following
> output from my ODBC driver:.
> My simple question: why !? What is the "unknown connect option" ?

Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I've run into same feature (?) using
Lotus Approach as a client.

I think the key to the problem is in the log file about here:

SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=PITPSQL;plaahplaah.....;
CONN ERROR: func=SQLSetConnectOption, desc='fOption=1041,vParam=1526592', errnum=205 vParam=1526592', errnum=205,
errmsg='Unknown
connect option (Set)

but how to get around it?

--Jyry

Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !

От
Nuchanach Klinjun
Дата:
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Jyry Kuukkanen wrote:

> >Hello,
>
> > I've a problem in the very first state of the odbc-connection from a
> > NT 4.0, SP4 and my ODBC driver for PostgreSQL and I get the following
> > output from my ODBC driver:.
>
> > My simple question: why !? What is the "unknown connect option" ?
>

> Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I've run into same feature (?) using
> Lotus Approach as a client.
>
> I think the key to the problem is in the log file about here:
>
> SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=PITPSQL;plaahplaah.....;                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think so also because I never seen the option 'plaahplaah' anywhere,the
syntax to sent the connection parameter should be in the list below..(the
list below is not the full option, you can see all about it in tne psqlodbc log file)

SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=yourDSN;DATABASE=dbname;SERVER=yourSrv;UID=uname;PWD=upwd;...;

so,please check and try again

Cheers,

> CONN ERROR: func=SQLSetConnectOption, desc='fOption=1041,
>  vParam=1526592', errnum=205 vParam=1526592', errnum=205, errmsg='Unknown
> connect option (Set)
>
> but how to get around it?
>

> --Jyry
>

> ************

Nuchanach  Klinjun
R&D Project. Internet Thailand
Email: nuchk@inet.co.th

Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !

От
marten@feki.toppoint.de
Дата:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Jyry Kuukkanen wrote:
>
> > >Hello,
> >
> > > I've a problem in the very first state of the odbc-connection from a
> > > NT 4.0, SP4 and my ODBC driver for PostgreSQL and I get the following
> > > output from my ODBC driver:.
> >
> > > My simple question: why !? What is the "unknown connect option" ?
> >

> > Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I've run into same feature (?) using
> > Lotus Approach as a client.
> >
> > I think the key to the problem is in the log file about here:
> >
> > SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=PITPSQL;plaahplaah.....;
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I think so also because I never seen the option 'plaahplaah' anywhere,the
> syntax to sent the connection parameter should be in the list below..(the
> list below is not the full option, you can see all about it in tne psqlodbc log file)

Actually the original posting came from me - some weeks ago. The reason
for this has been found. The development environment I used (IBM VisualAge/ST)
uses "special" ODBC manager and drivers from Intersolv.
This special handling is used to check wether the user has a special
license to use the ODBC drivers and manager.
The checking was done within IBM Smalltalk and I´ve found the call, where
the special option has been set. Removing the call and I was able to use
the PostgreSQL driver.
BUT: I´ve used several third-party odbc drivers and they all work well -
only the PostgreSQL drivers returns an error - perhaps the behaviour of
the driver should be changed !
Marten

Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !

От
Nuchanach Klinjun
Дата:
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999 marten@feki.toppoint.de wrote:

> > > Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I've run into same feature (?) using
> > > Lotus Approach as a client.
> > >
> > > I think the key to the problem is in the log file about here:
> > >
> > > SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=PITPSQL;plaahplaah.....;
> >                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > I think so also because I never seen the option 'plaahplaah' anywhere,the
> > syntax to sent the connection parameter should be in the list below..(the
> > list below is not the full option, you can see all about it in tne psqlodbc log file)
> >

>  Actually the original posting came from me - some weeks ago. The reason
> for this has been found. The development environment I used (IBM VisualAge/ST)
> uses "special" ODBC manager and drivers from Intersolv.
>
>  This special handling is used to check wether the user has a special
> license to use the ODBC drivers and manager.
Oh! Ic..thanx for let me know about it.

>  The checking was done within IBM Smalltalk and I�ve found the call, where
> the special option has been set. Removing the call and I was able to use
> the PostgreSQL driver.
>
>  BUT: I�ve used several third-party odbc drivers and they all work well -
> only the PostgreSQL drivers returns an error - perhaps the behaviour of
> the driver should be changed !
Yeah, I agree. I have some problem with postgres odbc driver too
since we upgrade the database to the last version and user the last
version of pgodbc also.

>  Marten
>

> ************

Nuchanach  Klinjun
R&D Project. Internet Thailand
Email: nuchk@inet.co.th

Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !

От
Jyry Kuukkanen
Дата:
> > Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I've run into same feature (?) using
> > Lotus Approach as a client.
> >
> > I think the key to the problem is in the log file about here:
> >
> > SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=PITPSQL;plaahplaah.....;
>
> I think so also because I never seen the option 'plaahplaah' anywhere,the
> syntax to sent the connection parameter should be in the list below..(the
> list below is not the full option, you can see all about it in tne psqlodbc log file)
>
> SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=yourDSN;DATABASE=dbname;SERVER=yourSrv;UID=uname;PWD=upwd;...;
>
> so,please check and try again

Nothing to check, really. My "plaah" was just foobar to fill the nonsense
part in the log data to save some space in my msg :-)

And still no solution :-(

--Jyry