Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !

От marten@feki.toppoint.de
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC-Interfaces - connection options ? Error !
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Jyry Kuukkanen wrote:
>
> > >Hello,
> >
> > > I've a problem in the very first state of the odbc-connection from a
> > > NT 4.0, SP4 and my ODBC driver for PostgreSQL and I get the following
> > > output from my ODBC driver:.
> >
> > > My simple question: why !? What is the "unknown connect option" ?
> >

> > Unfortunately, I can't help you, but I've run into same feature (?) using
> > Lotus Approach as a client.
> >
> > I think the key to the problem is in the log file about here:
> >
> > SQLDriverConnect(out)='DSN=PITPSQL;plaahplaah.....;
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> I think so also because I never seen the option 'plaahplaah' anywhere,the
> syntax to sent the connection parameter should be in the list below..(the
> list below is not the full option, you can see all about it in tne psqlodbc log file)

Actually the original posting came from me - some weeks ago. The reason
for this has been found. The development environment I used (IBM VisualAge/ST)
uses "special" ODBC manager and drivers from Intersolv.
This special handling is used to check wether the user has a special
license to use the ODBC drivers and manager.
The checking was done within IBM Smalltalk and I´ve found the call, where
the special option has been set. Removing the call and I was able to use
the PostgreSQL driver.
BUT: I´ve used several third-party odbc drivers and they all work well -
only the PostgreSQL drivers returns an error - perhaps the behaviour of
the driver should be changed !
Marten

От: "Hutton, Rob"
Сообщение: RE: [SQL] Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC and getting just assigned serial number
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Changing User Passwords