Обсуждение: Persistant storage of objects

Persistant storage of objects

От
John Reilly
Дата:
Hi,
      I am checking out postgreSQL to see if it is capable of storing
java objects
directly.  If so, does anyone know of an example on the web?

Basicly I have;
class test1 {
    public String blah;
}

class test2 {
    public test1 blah2;
}

I declared similar classes in the database;

Is there a way to write test2 to the db without having to decompose the
test1
object within it into a "text"

TIA,
John

John Reilly - jr@broadcom.ie
Programmer - A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with
inanimate
objects.  Approach with extreme caution!

Re: [INTERFACES] Persistant storage of objects

От
Ralf Berger
Дата:
John Reilly wrote:

> Hi,
>       I am checking out postgreSQL to see if it is capable of storing
> java objects directly.

As far as I know, Peter T. Mount has anounced something like that
on his Postgres-Page:

    http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

for June 20.

Regards
    Ralf

P.S.:
For the scheme-flavor STk, I've just written a Meta-Object-Protocol
to store lisp-objects into PostgreSQL.

--
Fraunhofer IPK
Dipl.-Inform. Ralf Berger

Tel.: ++49-(0)30 390 06 129
Fax.: ++49-(0)30 391 10 37

---

In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when
there is no longer anything to add, but when there is
no longer anything to take away.

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Re: [INTERFACES] Persistant storage of objects

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Ralf Berger wrote:

> John Reilly wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >       I am checking out postgreSQL to see if it is capable of storing
> > java objects directly.

Using Serialization into a large object has been supported since V6.3

> As far as I know, Peter T. Mount has anounced something like that
> on his Postgres-Page:
>
>     http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/
>
> for June 20.

I actually posted a patch last week (June 14) that had a preliminary
version of an extension that allows one or more tables within a PostgreSQL
table to represent the contents of a Java object. It has a few bugs in it,
but should be working before V6.4 is out.

I haven't had chance to work on it more since then, as I've been catching
up on two other projects.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk