Re: [INTERFACES] Persistant storage of objects

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Persistant storage of objects
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Ralf Berger wrote:

> John Reilly wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >       I am checking out postgreSQL to see if it is capable of storing
> > java objects directly.

Using Serialization into a large object has been supported since V6.3

> As far as I know, Peter T. Mount has anounced something like that
> on his Postgres-Page:
>
>     http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/
>
> for June 20.

I actually posted a patch last week (June 14) that had a preliminary
version of an extension that allows one or more tables within a PostgreSQL
table to represent the contents of a Java object. It has a few bugs in it,
but should be working before V6.4 is out.

I haven't had chance to work on it more since then, as I've been catching
up on two other projects.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk