Обсуждение: pgsql-interfaces ODBC???

pgsql-interfaces ODBC???

От
"ªü³¡·É / Duncan Lo"
Дата:
I had install PostgreSQL 6.3.1 in Slackware Linux(kernel 2.0.33)
Now I install PostgreSQL ODBC Driver in another PC.
When I import/export data with ODBC Driver.
It said "ODBC Error!" then print some message...

  Could not connect to the server.
  Could not connect to remote socket (#1)

Where is my error? Thank you!
--
  愛  是無怨無悔的付出
        而不是不擇手段的佔有

  而我  不論天長地久  不論天涯海角  追尋著真愛..

Re: [ADMIN] pgsql-interfaces ODBC???

От
David Hartwig
Дата:
Please send ODBC driver version.   This can be retrieved from the "ODBC
Data Source Administrator" in the "ODBC Drivers" tab.

ªü$¡·

> I had install PostgreSQL 6.3.1 in Slackware Linux(kernel 2.0.33)
> Now I install PostgreSQL ODBC Driver in another PC.
> When I import/export data with ODBC Driver.
> It said "ODBC Error!" then print some message...
>
>   Could not connect to the server.
>   Could not connect to remote socket (#1)
>
> Where is my error? Thank you!
> --
>   ·R  ¬OµL«èµL®¬ªº¥I¥X
>         ¦Ó¤£¬O¤£¾Ü¤â¬qªº¦û¦³
>           ¥u¦³¯u¤ß¥I¥Xªº·R¤~¬OµL»ùªº
>
>   ¦Ó§Ú  ¤£½×¤Ñªø¦a¤[  ¤£½×¤Ñ²P®ü¨¤  °l´MµÛ¯u·R..

Вложения

Re: [INTERFACES] pgsql-interfaces ODBC???

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
ªü³¡·É / Duncan Lo wrote:

> I had install PostgreSQL 6.3.1 in Slackware Linux(kernel 2.0.33)
> Now I install PostgreSQL ODBC Driver in another PC.
> When I import/export data with ODBC Driver.
> It said "ODBC Error!" then print some message...
>
>   Could not connect to the server.
>   Could not connect to remote socket (#1)
>
> Where is my error? Thank you!

First things to check:

Did you start postmaster with the -i option to enable tcp connections ?

Is your pg_hba file set up correctly ?

Hannu
Вложения

Re: [ADMIN] pgsql-interfaces ODBC???

От
David Hartwig
Дата:
                        ODBC Connection Checklist

   * ODBC Driver Data Source Checks
       1. Valid and resolvable hostname
       2. Valid port number.  (default is 5432)
       3. Valid  and existing database name.
       4. Valid user name.
       5. Valid password for the specified user.  (Required iff
          pg_hba.config is set to password authenticate your client.)
   * PostgreSQL Server Checks
       1. Postmaster must be running.
       2. Postmaster must run with the -i option to allow remote
          connections.
       3. The pg_hba.conf file in $PGPATH/data directory must be
          configured to allow your remote host to connect.

ªü$¡·

> I had install PostgreSQL 6.3.1 in Slackware Linux(kernel 2.0.33)
> Now I install PostgreSQL ODBC Driver in another PC.
> When I import/export data with ODBC Driver.
> It said "ODBC Error!" then print some message...
>
>   Could not connect to the server.
>   Could not connect to remote socket (#1)
>
> Where is my error? Thank you!
> --
>   ·R  ¬OµL«èµL®¬ªº¥I¥X
>         ¦Ó¤£¬O¤£¾Ü¤â¬qªº¦û¦³
>           ¥u¦³¯u¤ß¥I¥Xªº·R¤~¬OµL»ùªº
>
>   ¦Ó§Ú  ¤£½×¤Ñªø¦a¤[  ¤£½×¤Ñ²P®ü¨¤  °l´MµÛ¯u·R..

Вложения

Re: [ADMIN] pgsql-interfaces ODBC???

От
David Hartwig
Дата:
I know there are lots of interfaces being worked on for PostgreSQL.   I am not
familiar with mysql tools.   So I don't know how to answer your question.   But,
just guessing, MS Excel along with MS Query are fairly simple tools to access
PostgreSQL data.

ªü$¡·

> Is it right about my rc.local in Slackware Linux (kernle 2.0.33) to start
> postgresql?
>
> # PostgreSQL Server
> echo "Starting PostgreSQL Server..."
> su postgres -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -S -D/usr/local/pgsql/data"
>
> And is postgres have some utilities (query tools like ms sql) in win32?

Re: [ADMIN] pgsql-interfaces ODBC???

От
David Hartwig
Дата:
Is the user name valid.  If so, are you set up properly in pg_hba.conf file in
$PGPATH/data directory on the server.  If so, did you specify password
authentication for your remote machine?   If so, you MUST supply a correct
password.  I don't think unpassworded accounts will work.

In the future, please post your questions to the list.

Thanks for checking us out.

ªü$¡·