Обсуждение: Comment and function argument names are mismatched in bugmgr.c.

Comment and function argument names are mismatched in bugmgr.c.

От
Masahiko Sawada
Дата:
Hi all,

By commit 428b1d6b, function WritebackContextInit is added but the
comment of this function seems to be incorrect.
*max_coalesce variable doesn't exist at anywhere.
Also, I think it should be fixed that the argument name of this
function does not match function declare in buf_internal.h.
Patch for that attached.

bufmgr.c:L4160
/*
 * Initialize a writeback context, discarding potential previous state.
 *
 * *max_coalesce is a pointer to a variable containing the current maximum
 * number of writeback requests that will be coalesced into a bigger one. A
 * value <= 0 means that no writeback control will be performed. max_pending
 * is a pointer instead of an immediate value, so the coalesce limits can
 * easily changed by the GUC mechanism, and so calling code does not have to
 * check the current configuration.
 */
void
WritebackContextInit(WritebackContext *context, int *max_pending)
{
    Assert(*max_pending <= WRITEBACK_MAX_PENDING_FLUSHES);

    context->max_pending = max_pending;
    context->nr_pending = 0;
}

buf_internal.h:L303
/*
 * Internal routines: only called by bufmgr
 * Internal buffer management routines
 */
/* bufmgr.c */
extern void WritebackContextInit(WritebackContext *context, int *max_coalesce);

Masahiko Sawada

Вложения

Re: Comment and function argument names are mismatched in bugmgr.c.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 3:24 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> By commit 428b1d6b, function WritebackContextInit is added but the
> comment of this function seems to be incorrect.
> *max_coalesce variable doesn't exist at anywhere.
> Also, I think it should be fixed that the argument name of this
> function does not match function declare in buf_internal.h.
> Patch for that attached.

Andres, this looks like one for you to handle.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Comment and function argument names are mismatched in bugmgr.c.

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2016-06-23 16:24:12 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> By commit 428b1d6b, function WritebackContextInit is added but the
> comment of this function seems to be incorrect.
> *max_coalesce variable doesn't exist at anywhere.
> Also, I think it should be fixed that the argument name of this
> function does not match function declare in buf_internal.h.
> Patch for that attached.

Fix looks good to me, and your 'bugmgr.c' typo in $subject made me laugh
;). Pushed.

Thanks Robert, for pointing me to the thread, I had indeed missed it.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: Comment and function argument names are mismatched in bugmgr.c.

От
Masahiko Sawada
Дата:
On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 6:34 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2016-06-23 16:24:12 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> By commit 428b1d6b, function WritebackContextInit is added but the
>> comment of this function seems to be incorrect.
>> *max_coalesce variable doesn't exist at anywhere.
>> Also, I think it should be fixed that the argument name of this
>> function does not match function declare in buf_internal.h.
>> Patch for that attached.
>
> Fix looks good to me, and your 'bugmgr.c' typo in $subject made me laugh
> ;). Pushed.

Oops, I realized it now :)
Thanks!

Masahiko Sawada