Обсуждение: Remove unused function from walsender.c

Remove unused function from walsender.c

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
Hi,

There is an unused function GetOldestWALSendPointer() in walsender.c.
Per comment, it was introduced because we may need it in the future for
synchronous replication.

Now we have very similar function SyncRepGetOldestSyncRecPtr() in
syncrep.c. Which makes me think that GetOldestWALSendPointer()
no longer needs to be maintained. So, is it time to remove that unused
function?

Fujii Masao

Re: Remove unused function from walsender.c

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
There is an unused function GetOldestWALSendPointer() in walsender.c.
Per comment, it was introduced because we may need it in the future for
synchronous replication.

Now we have very similar function SyncRepGetOldestSyncRecPtr() in
syncrep.c. Which makes me think that GetOldestWALSendPointer()
no longer needs to be maintained. So, is it time to remove that unused
function?

Seems sensible cleanup to me.

Re: Remove unused function from walsender.c

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 6:36 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 11 April 2016 at 08:05, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> There is an unused function GetOldestWALSendPointer() in walsender.c.
>> Per comment, it was introduced because we may need it in the future for
>> synchronous replication.
>>
>> Now we have very similar function SyncRepGetOldestSyncRecPtr() in
>> syncrep.c. Which makes me think that GetOldestWALSendPointer()
>> no longer needs to be maintained. So, is it time to remove that unused
>> function?
>

> Seems sensible cleanup to me.

Yep, pushed the cleanup patch.

Fujii Masao