Обсуждение: Unused macros in src/include/access/transam.h

Unused macros in src/include/access/transam.h

От
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Дата:
Hi all,

When dealing with some patch review I've noticed there are two macro is not used anywhere:

#define TransactionIdStore(xid, dest)   (*(dest) = (xid))
#define StoreInvalidTransactionId(dest) (*(dest) = InvalidTransactionId)

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL

Re: Unused macros in src/include/access/transam.h

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 4:55 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When dealing with some patch review I've noticed there are two macro is not
> used anywhere:
>
> #define TransactionIdStore(xid, dest)   (*(dest) = (xid))
> #define StoreInvalidTransactionId(dest) (*(dest) = InvalidTransactionId)

Not by the core code, perhaps they are used by extensions though. The
last bit of code using TransactionIdStore is from 2007 (282d2a03), by
the way. Still, knowing the low level of maintenance those are
requiring, it does not seem worth a compilation breakage I think.
--
Michael