Обсуждение: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
It would be nice if the patch summary page (ie, [1]) had links to the
relevant entry in that CF. The specific need I see is if you look up a
patch in the current CF and it's been moved to the next CF you have to
manually go to that CF and search for the patch.

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Alvaro Herrera
Jim Nasby wrote:
> It would be nice if the patch summary page (ie, [1]) had links to the
> relevant entry in that CF. The specific need I see is if you look up a patch
> in the current CF and it's been moved to the next CF you have to manually go
> to that CF and search for the patch.

Agreed, I could use that.  In the "status" row, each commitfest entry
(the "2015-11" text) could be a link to that patch in that commitfest.

(You can actually construct the URL easily just by changing the
commitfest ID, which is the first number in the URL; for example 2016-01
is /8/).

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On 2/1/16 6:15 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Jim Nasby wrote:
>> It would be nice if the patch summary page (ie, [1]) had links to the
>> relevant entry in that CF. The specific need I see is if you look up a patch
>> in the current CF and it's been moved to the next CF you have to manually go
>> to that CF and search for the patch.
>
> Agreed, I could use that.  In the "status" row, each commitfest entry
> (the "2015-11" text) could be a link to that patch in that commitfest.

Yeah, what I was thinking.

> (You can actually construct the URL easily just by changing the
> commitfest ID, which is the first number in the URL; for example 2016-01
> is /8/).

*waits for someone to comment on how surrogate keys are bad*

;P

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Magnus Hagander

It would be nice if the patch summary page (ie, [1]) had links to the
relevant entry in that CF. The specific need I see is if you look up a patch
in the current CF and it's been moved to the next CF you have to manually go
to that CF and search for the patch.

Agreed, I could use that.  In the "status" row, each commitfest entry
(the "2015-11" text) could be a link to that patch in that commitfest.

Yeah, what I was thinking.

Just to be clear, you're looking for the ones that are for the non-current one? Because you already have a link to the current commitfest in the breadcrumbs at the top of the page. Or am I misunderstanding completely?

(You can actually construct the URL easily just by changing the
commitfest ID, which is the first number in the URL; for example 2016-01
is /8/).

*waits for someone to comment on how surrogate keys are bad*

But they're awesome when the developer is lazy! :) Patches welcome ;)

--

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:

> >> Agreed, I could use that.  In the "status" row, each commitfest entry
> >> (the "2015-11" text) could be a link to that patch in that commitfest.
> >>

> > Yeah, what I was thinking.
>
> Just to be clear, you're looking for the ones that are for the non-current
> one? Because you already have a link to the current commitfest in the
> breadcrumbs at the top of the page. Or am I misunderstanding completely?

I think you are, because yes I don't care to go to the current
commitfest (I know how to do that) -- but I don't want to the toplevel
page for the other commitfest either: what I want is the link to go to
*that patch's* page in the other commitfest.  That's also what I
think Jim wants.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:

> >> Agreed, I could use that.  In the "status" row, each commitfest entry
> >> (the "2015-11" text) could be a link to that patch in that commitfest.
> >>

> > Yeah, what I was thinking.
>
> Just to be clear, you're looking for the ones that are for the non-current
> one? Because you already have a link to the current commitfest in the
> breadcrumbs at the top of the page. Or am I misunderstanding completely?

I think you are, because yes I don't care to go to the current
commitfest (I know how to do that) -- but I don't want to the toplevel
page for the other commitfest either: what I want is the link to go to
*that patch's* page in the other commitfest.  That's also what I
think Jim wants.

Then i did indeed misunderstand.

So from https://commitfest.postgresql.org/9/353/, you'd want links to /8/353/, /7/353/, /6/353/?

--

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> So from https://commitfest.postgresql.org/9/353/, you'd want links to
> /8/353/, /7/353/, /6/353/?

Right.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> So from https://commitfest.postgresql.org/9/353/, you'd want links to
> /8/353/, /7/353/, /6/353/?

Right.

I'm not entirely sure what I'd use that for myself, but that's trivial to implement. Thus, done and published.

--

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On 2/2/16 6:35 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> what I want is the link to go to
> *that patch's*  page in the other commitfest.  That's also what I
> think Jim wants.

+1

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On 2/2/16 9:46 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure what I'd use that for myself, but that's trivial
> to implement. Thus, done and published.

FWIW, my use case was actually to go from
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/353/ to
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/9/353/, which I needed to do in order
to submit the review.

So, perhaps another enhancement would be for commenting/reviewing to
always work regardless of what commitfest ID is in the URL. Perhaps Edit
too. I think the Status dropdown needs to stay specific to the correct
CF though.

Re: Add links to commit fests to patch summary page

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >
> > > So from https://commitfest.postgresql.org/9/353/, you'd want links to
> > > /8/353/, /7/353/, /6/353/?
> >
> > Right.

> I'm not entirely sure what I'd use that for myself, but that's trivial to
> implement. Thus, done and published.

Works nicely for me, many thanks there.