Обсуждение: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

[PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
Hi.

Introduction
============

PostgreSQL full-text search extension uses dictionaries from the various
open source spell checker software to perform word normalization.

Currently, Ispell, MySpell and Hunspell dictionaries are supported.

Dictionaries requires two files: a dictionary file and an affix file. A
dictionary file contains a list of words. Each word may be followed by
one or more affix flags. An affix file contains a lot of parameters,
definitions, prefix and suffix classes used in a dictionary file.

Most complete and actively developed are Hunspell dictionaries
(http://hunspell.sourceforge.net/). OpenOffice and LibreOffice projects
recently switched from MySpell to Hunspell dictionaries.

But PostgreSQL is unable to load recent version of Hunsplell
dictionaries for several languages.

It is because affix files of these dictionaries grow too big.
Traditionally affix rules are named by one extended ASCII (8-bit)
symbol. And if there is more than 192 rules, some syntax extension is
needed.

And to handle these dictionaries Hunspell have FLAG parameter with the
following values:
* FLAG long - sets the double extended ASCII character flag type
* FLAG num - sets the decimal number flag type (from 1 to 65000)

These flag types are used in affix files of such dictionaries as ar,
br_fr, ca, ca_valencia, da_dk, en_ca, en_gb, en_us, fr, gl_es, is,
ne_np, nl_nl, si_lk (from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/). But
PostgreSQL does not support FLAG parameter and can not load these
dictionaries.

There is also AF parameter which allows to substitute affix flag sets
with ordinal numbers in affix and dictionary files.

FLAG and AF parameters are not supported by PostgreSQL. Supporting these
parameters allows to load dictionaries listed above into PostgreSQL
database and use them in full text search.

Proposed Changes
================

Internal representation of the dictionary in the PostgreSQL doesn't
impose too strict limits on the number of affix rules. There are a
flagval array, which size must be increased from 256 to 65000.

All other changes is the changes in the affix file parsing code to
properly parse long and numeric flags.

I've already implemented support for FLAG long, it require relatively
small patch size (60 lines). Support for FLAG num would require
comparable amount of code.

These changes would allow to use recent versions of Hunspell
dictionaries for following dictionaries:
br_fr, ca, ca_valencia, da_dk, gl_es, is, ne_np, nl_nl, si_lk.

Implementation of AF flag would allow to support also following
dictionaries:
ar, en_ca, en_gb, en_us, fr, hu_hu.

Expected Results
================

These changes would allow to use more recent and complete spelling
dictionaries to perform word stemming during full-text indexing.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On 10/20/15 9:00 AM, Artur Zakirov wrote:
> Internal representation of the dictionary in the PostgreSQL doesn't
> impose too strict limits on the number of affix rules. There are a
> flagval array, which size must be increased from 256 to 65000.

Is that per dictionary entry, fixed at 64k? That seems pretty excessive,
if that's the case...

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
21.10.2015 01:37, Jim Nasby пишет:
> On 10/20/15 9:00 AM, Artur Zakirov wrote:
>> Internal representation of the dictionary in the PostgreSQL doesn't
>> impose too strict limits on the number of affix rules. There are a
>> flagval array, which size must be increased from 256 to 65000.
>
> Is that per dictionary entry, fixed at 64k? That seems pretty excessive,
> if that's the case...

This is per dictionary only. flagval array is used for the all
dictionary. And it is not used for every dictionary word.

There are also flag field of AFFIX structure, wich size must be
increased from 8 bit to 16 bit. This structure is used for every affix
in affix file.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
20.10.2015 17:00, Artur Zakirov пишет:
> These flag types are used in affix files of such dictionaries as ar,
> br_fr, ca, ca_valencia, da_dk, en_ca, en_gb, en_us, fr, gl_es, is,
> ne_np, nl_nl, si_lk (from
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/).

Now almost all dictionaries are loaded into PostgreSQL. But the da_dk
dictionary does not load. I see the following error:

ERROR: invalid regular expression: quantifier operand invalid
CONTEXT: line 439 of configuration file
"/home/artur/progs/pgsql/share/tsearch_data/da_dk.affix": "SFX 55 0 s
+GENITIV

If you open the affix file in editor you can see that there is incorrect
format of the affix 55 in 439 line (screen1.png):

SFX 55 0  s    +GENITIV

SFX parameter should have a 5 fields. There are no field between "0"
digit and "s" symbol. "+GENITIV" is the optional morphological field and
ignored by PostgreSQL.

I think that it is a error of the affix file. I wrote a e-mail to
info@stavekontrolden.dk to the dictionary authors about this error.

What is the right decision in this case? Should PostgreSQL ignore this
error and do not show it?

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
Hello again!

Patches
=======

I had implemented support for FLAG long, FLAG num and AF parameters. I
attached patch to the e-mail (hunspell-dict.patch).

This patch allow to use Hunspell dictionaries listed in the previous
e-mail: ar, br_fr, ca, ca_valencia, en_ca, en_gb, en_us, fr, gl_es,
hu_hu, is, ne_np, nl_nl, si_lk.

The most part of changes was in spell.c in the affix file parsing code.
The following are dictionary structures changes:
- useFlagAliases and flagMode fields had been added to the IspellDict
struct;
- flagval array size had been increased from 256 to 65000;
- flag field of the AFFIX struct also had been increased.

I also had implemented a patch that fixes an error from the e-mail
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/562E1073.8030805@postgrespro.ru
This patch just ignore that error.

Tests
=====

Extention test dictionaries for loading into PostgreSQL and for
normalizing with ts_lexize function can be downloaded from
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15423817/HunspellDictTest.tar.gz

It would be nice if somebody can do additional tests of dictionaries of
well known languages. Because I do not know many of them.

Other Improvements
==================

There are also some parameters for compound words. But I am not sure
that we want use this parameters.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
06.11.2015 12:33, Artur Zakirov пишет:
> Hello again!
>
> Patches
> =======

Link to commitfest:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/420/

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Emre Hasegeli
Дата:
Thank you for working on this.

I tried the patch with a Turkish dictionary [1] I could find on the
Internet.  It worked for some words, but not others:

> hasegeli=# create text search dictionary hunspell_tr (template = ispell, dictfile = tr, afffile = tr);
> CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY
>
> hasegeli=# select ts_lexize('hunspell_tr', 'tilki'); -- The root "fox"
> -----------
> {tilki}
> (1 row)
>
> hasegeli=# select ts_lexize('hunspell_tr', 'tilkinin'); -- Genitive form, affix 3290
> ts_lexize
> -----------
> {tilki}
> (1 row)
>
> hasegeli=# select ts_lexize('hunspell_tr', 'tilkiler'); -- Plural form, affix 4371
> ts_lexize
> -----------
> {tilki}
> (1 row)
>
> hasegeli=# select ts_lexize('hunspell_tr', 'tilkiyi'); -- Accusative form, affix 2646
> ts_lexize
> -----------
>
> (1 row)

It seems to have something to do with the order of the affixes.  It
works, if I move affix 2646 to the beginning of the list.

[1] https://tr-spell.googlecode.com/files/dict_aff_5000_suffix_1130000_words.zip

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
On 07.11.2015 17:20, Emre Hasegeli wrote:
> It seems to have something to do with the order of the affixes.  It
> works, if I move affix 2646 to the beginning of the list.
>
> [1] https://tr-spell.googlecode.com/files/dict_aff_5000_suffix_1130000_words.zip
Thank you for reply.

This was because of the flag field size of the SPELL struct. And long
flags were being trancated in the .dict file.

I attached new patch. It is temporary patch, not final. It can be done
better.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
08.11.2015 14:23, Artur Zakirov пишет:
> Thank you for reply.
>
> This was because of the flag field size of the SPELL struct. And long
> flags were being trancated in the .dict file.
>
> I attached new patch. It is temporary patch, not final. It can be done
> better.

I have updated the patch and attached it. Now dynamic memory allocation
is used to the flag field of the SPELL struct.

I have valued time of a dictionary loading and memory using by a
dictionary in the new patch. Dictionary is loaded at the first reference
to it. For example, if we execute ts_lexize function. And first
ts_lexize executing takes more time than second.

The following table shows performance of some dictionaries before patch
and after in my computer.

|      |  before  |  after  |  before |  after  |
|ar    | 700      | 300     | 23,7    | 15,7    |
|br_fr | 410      | 450     | 27,4    | 27,5    |
|ca    | 248      | 245     | 14,7    | 15,4    |
|en_us | 100      | 100     | 5,4     | 6,2     |
|fr    | 160      | 178     | 13,7    | 14,1    |
|gl_es | 160      | 150     | 9       | 9,4     |
|is    | 260      | 202     | 16,1    | 16,3    |

As you can see, substantially loading time and memory using before and
after the patch are same.

Link to patch in commitfest:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/420/

Link to regression tests:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15423817/HunspellDictTest.tar.gz

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
On 10.11.2015 13:23, Artur Zakirov wrote:

> Link to patch in commitfest:
>
> Link to regression tests:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15423817/HunspellDictTest.tar.gz

Hello!

Do you have any remarks or comments about my patch?

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
On 16.11.2015 15:51, Artur Zakirov wrote:
> On 10.11.2015 13:23, Artur Zakirov wrote:
>>
>> Link to patch in commitfest:
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/8/420/
>>
>> Link to regression tests:
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15423817/HunspellDictTest.tar.gz

I have done some changes in documentation in the section "12.6.
Dictionaries". I have added some description how to load Ispell and
Hunspell dictionaries and description about Ispell and Hunspell formats.

Patches for the documentation and for the code are attached separately.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Artur Zakirov wrote:

> *** 77,83 **** typedef struct spell_struct
>
>   typedef struct aff_struct
>   {
> !     uint32        flag:8,
>                   type:1,
>                   flagflags:7,
>                   issimple:1,
> --- 74,80 ----
>
>   typedef struct aff_struct
>   {
> !     uint32        flag:16,
>                   type:1,
>                   flagflags:7,
>                   issimple:1,

By doing this, you're using 40 bits of a 32-bits-wide field.  What does
this mean?  Are the final 8 bits lost?  Does the compiler allocate a
second uint32 member for those additional bits?  I don't know, but I
don't think this is a very clean idea.

>   typedef struct spell_struct
>   {
> !     union
>       {
> !         /*
> !          * flag is filled in by NIImportDictionary. After NISortDictionary, d
> !          * is valid and flag is invalid.
> !          */
> !         char        flag[MAXFLAGLEN];
> !         struct
> !         {
> !             int            affix;
> !             int            len;
> !         }            d;
> !     }            p;
>       char        word[FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER];
>   } SPELL;
>
> --- 57,72 ----
>
>   typedef struct spell_struct
>   {
> !     struct
>       {
> !         int            affix;
> !         int            len;
> !     }            d;
> !     /*
> !      * flag is filled in by NIImportDictionary. After NISortDictionary, d
> !      * is valid and flag is invalid.
> !      */
> !     char       *flag;
>       char        word[FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER];
>   } SPELL;

Here you removed the union, with no rationale for doing so.  Why did you
do it?  Can it be avoided?  Because of the comment, I'd imagine that d
and flag are valid at different times, so at any time we care about only
one of them; but you haven't updated the comment stating the reason for
that no longer to be the case.  I suspect you need to keep flag valid
after NISortDictionary has been called, but if so why?  If "flag" is
invalid as the comment says, what's the reason for keeping it?

The routines decodeFlag and isAffixFlagInUse could do with more
comments.  Your patch adds zero.  Actually the whole file has not nearly
enough comments; adding some more would be very good.

Actually, after some more reading, I think this code is pretty terrible.
I have a hard time figuring out how the original works, which makes it
even more difficult to figure out whether your changes make sense.  I
would have to take your patch on faith, which doesn't sound so great an
idea.

palloc / cpalloc / tmpalloc make the whole mess even more confusing.
Why does this file have three ways to allocate memory?

Not sure what's a good way to go about this.  I am certainly not going
to commit this as is, because if I do whatever bugs you have are going
to become my problem; and with the severe lack of documentation and
given how fiddly this stuff is, I bet there are going to be a bunch of
bugs.  I suspect most committers are going to be in the same position.
I think you should start by adding a few comments here and there on top
of the original to explain how it works, then your patch on top.  I
suppose it's going to be a lot of work for you but I don't see any other
way.

A top-level overview about it would be good, too.  The current comment
at top of file states:
* spell.c*        Normalizing word with ISpell

which is, err, somewhat laconic.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Artur Zakirov wrote:

> Now almost all dictionaries are loaded into PostgreSQL. But the da_dk
> dictionary does not load. I see the following error:
>
> ERROR: invalid regular expression: quantifier operand invalid
> CONTEXT: line 439 of configuration file
> "/home/artur/progs/pgsql/share/tsearch_data/da_dk.affix": "SFX 55 0 s
> +GENITIV
>
> If you open the affix file in editor you can see that there is incorrect
> format of the affix 55 in 439 line (screen1.png):[ another email ]

> I also had implemented a patch that fixes an error from the e-mail
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/562E1073.8030805@postgrespro.ru
> This patch just ignore that error.

I think it's a bad idea to just ignore these syntax errors.  This affix
file is effectively corrupt, after all, so it seems a bad idea that we
need to cope with it.  I think it would be better to raise the error
normally and instruct the user to fix the file; obviously it's better if
the upstream provider of the file fixes it.

Now, if there is proof somewhere that the file is correct, then the code
must cope in some reasonable way.  But in any case I don't think this
change is acceptable ... it can only cause pain, in the long run.

> *** 429,443 **** NIAddAffix(IspellDict *Conf, int flag, char flagflags, const char *mask, const c
>           err = pg_regcomp(&(Affix->reg.regex), wmask, wmasklen,
>                            REG_ADVANCED | REG_NOSUB,
>                            DEFAULT_COLLATION_OID);
>           if (err)
> !         {
> !             char        errstr[100];
> !
> !             pg_regerror(err, &(Affix->reg.regex), errstr, sizeof(errstr));
> !             ereport(ERROR,
> !                     (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_REGULAR_EXPRESSION),
> !                      errmsg("invalid regular expression: %s", errstr)));
> !         }
>       }
>
>       Affix->flagflags = flagflags;
> --- 429,437 ----
>           err = pg_regcomp(&(Affix->reg.regex), wmask, wmasklen,
>                            REG_ADVANCED | REG_NOSUB,
>                            DEFAULT_COLLATION_OID);
> +         /* Ignore regular expression error and do not add wrong affix */
>           if (err)
> !             return;
>       }
>
>       Affix->flagflags = flagflags;

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
!     uint32        flag:16,                 type:1,                 flagflags:7,                 issimple:1,
By doing this, you're using 40 bits of a 32-bits-wide field.  What does
this mean?  Are the final 8 bits lost?  Does the compiler allocate a
second uint32 member for those additional bits?  I don't know, but I
don't think this is a very clean idea.</pre></blockquote> No, 8 bits are not lost. This 8 bits are used if a dictionary
usesdouble extended ASCII character flag type (Conf->flagMode == FM_LONG) or decimal number flag type
(Conf->flagMode== FM_NUM). If a dictionary uses single extended ASCII character flag type (Conf->flagMode ==
FM_CHAR),then 8 bits lost.<br /><br /> You can see it in decodeFlag function. This function is used in
NIImportOOAffixesfunction, decode affix flag from string type and store in flag field (flag:16).<br /><blockquote
cite="mid:20160108230434.GA652291@alvherre.pgsql"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

!     struct     {
!         int            affix;
!         int            len;
!     }            d;
!     /*
!      * flag is filled in by NIImportDictionary. After NISortDictionary, d
!      * is valid and flag is invalid.
!      */
!     char       *flag;     char        word[FLEXIBLE_ARRAY_MEMBER]; } SPELL;
Here you removed the union, with no rationale for doing so.  Why did you
do it?  Can it be avoided?  Because of the comment, I'd imagine that d
and flag are valid at different times, so at any time we care about only
one of them; but you haven't updated the comment stating the reason for
that no longer to be the case.  I suspect you need to keep flag valid
after NISortDictionary has been called, but if so why?  If "flag" is
invalid as the comment says, what's the reason for keeping it?
</pre></blockquote> Union was removed because the flag field need to be dynamically sized. It had 16 size in the
previousversion. In this field flag set are stored. For example, if .dict file has the entry:<br /><br />
havesize bigger than 16. I added this changes after this message <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAE2gYzwom3=11U9G8ZxMT5PLkZrwb12BWzxh4dB3HUd89FOSrg@mail.gmail.com">http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAE2gYzwom3=11U9G8ZxMT5PLkZrwb12BWzxh4dB3HUd89FOSrg@mail.gmail.com</a><br
/>In that Turkish dictionary there are can be large flag set. For example:<br /><br />
isvalid all the time. It is used in NISortDictionary and it is not used after NISortDictionary function has been
called.Maybe you right and there are no reason for keeping it, and it is necessary to store all flags in separate
variable,that will be deleted after NISortDictionary has been called.<br /><br /><blockquote
cite="mid:20160108230434.GA652291@alvherre.pgsql"type="cite"><pre wrap="">The routines decodeFlag and isAffixFlagInUse
[...]

</pre></blockquote> I will provide comments and explain how it works in comments. Maybe I will add some explanation

Artur Zakirov
Postgres Professional: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgrespro.com">http://www.postgrespro.com</a>
Russian Postgres Company</pre>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:

href="http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/562E1073.8030805@postgrespro.ru">http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/562E1073.8030805@postgrespro.ru</a>
This patch just ignore that error.
I think it's a bad idea to just ignore these syntax errors.  This affix
file is effectively corrupt, after all, so it seems a bad idea that we
need to cope with it.  I think it would be better to raise the error
normally and instruct the user to fix the file; obviously it's better if
the upstream provider of the file fixes it.

Now, if there is proof somewhere that the file is correct, then the code
must cope in some reasonable way.  But in any case I don't think this
change is acceptable ... it can only cause pain, in the long run.
</pre></blockquote> This error is raised in Danish dictionary because of erroneous entry in the .affix file. I sent a
bug-reportto developer. He fixed this bug. Corrected dictionary can be downloaded from LibreOffice site.<br /><br /> I
undothe changes and the error will be raised. I will update the patch soon.<br /><pre class="moz-signature"
cols="72">--

Artur Zakirov
Postgres Professional: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgrespro.com">http://www.postgrespro.com</a>
Russian Postgres Company</pre>

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Artur Zakirov wrote:

> I undo the changes and the error will be raised. I will update the patch
> soon.

I don't think you ever did this.  I'm closing it now, but it sounds
useful stuff so please do resubmit for 2016-03.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
On 28.01.2016 14:19, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Artur Zakirov wrote:
>
>> I undo the changes and the error will be raised. I will update the patch
>> soon.
>
> I don't think you ever did this.  I'm closing it now, but it sounds
> useful stuff so please do resubmit for 2016-03.

I'm working on the patch. I wanted to send this changes after all changes.

This version of the patch has a top-level comment. Another comments I
will provides soon.

Also this patch has some changes with ternary operators.

 > I don't think you ever did this.  I'm closing it now, but it sounds
 > useful stuff so please do resubmit for 2016-03.

Moved to next CF.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
Sorry, I don't know why this thread was moved to another thread.

I duplicate the patch here.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Teodor Sigaev
Дата:
> I duplicate the patch here.

it's very good thing to update disctionaries to support modern versions. And
thank you for improving documentation. Also I've impressed by long description
in spell.c header.

Som notices about code:

1 struct SPELL. Why do you remove union p? You leave comment about using d struct instead of flag field and as can see
it'sright comment. It increases size of SPELL structure.

2 struct AFFIX. I'm agree with Alvaro taht sum of sizes of bit fields should be
less or equal to size of integer. In opposite case, suppose, we can get
undefined behavior. Please, split  bitfields  to two integers.

3 unsigned char flagval[65000];  Is it forbidden to use 65555 number? In any case, decodeFlag() doesn't  restrict
returnvalue. I suggest to enlarge array to 1<<16 and add limit  to return value of decodeFlag().

4 I'd like to see a short comment describing at least new functions

5 Pls, add tests for new code.

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
Thank you for the review.

On 10.02.2016 19:46, Teodor Sigaev wrote:

>> I duplicate the patch here.
>
> it's very good thing to update disctionaries to support modern versions.
> And thank you for improving documentation. Also I've impressed by long
> description in spell.c header.
>
> Som notices about code:
>
> 1
>   struct SPELL. Why do you remove union p? You leave comment
>   about using d struct instead of flag field and as can see
>   it's right comment. It increases size of SPELL structure.

I will fix it. I had misunderstood the Alvaro's comment about it.

> 2 struct AFFIX. I'm agree with Alvaro taht sum of sizes of bit fields
> should be less or equal to size of integer. In opposite case, suppose,
> we can get undefined behavior. Please, split  bitfields  to two integers.

I will fix it. Here I had misunderstood too.

> 3 unsigned char flagval[65000];
>    Is it forbidden to use 65555 number? In any case, decodeFlag() doesn't
>    restrict return value. I suggest to enlarge array to 1<<16 and add limit
>    to return value of decodeFlag().

I think it can be done.

> 4
>   I'd like to see a short comment describing at least new functions

Now in spell.c there are more comments. I wanted to send fixed patch
after adding all comments that I want to add. But I can send the patch now.
Also I will merge this commit
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1aTf9o-0001ga-LG@gemulon.postgresql.org

> 5
>   Pls, add tests for new code.

I will add.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
I attached a new version of the patch.

On 10.02.2016 19:46, Teodor Sigaev wrote:

>> I duplicate the patch here.
>
> it's very good thing to update disctionaries to support modern versions.
> And thank you for improving documentation. Also I've impressed by long
> description in spell.c header.
>
> Som notices about code:
>
> 1
>   struct SPELL. Why do you remove union p? You leave comment
>   about using d struct instead of flag field and as can see
>   it's right comment. It increases size of SPELL structure.

Fixed.

> 2 struct AFFIX. I'm agree with Alvaro taht sum of sizes of bit fields
> should be less or equal to size of integer. In opposite case, suppose,
> we can get undefined behavior. Please, split  bitfields  to two integers.

Fixed.

> 3 unsigned char flagval[65000];
>    Is it forbidden to use 65555 number? In any case, decodeFlag() doesn't
>    restrict return value. I suggest to enlarge array to 1<<16 and add limit
>    to return value of decodeFlag().

flagval array was enlarged. Added verification of return value of
DecodeFlag() for for various FLAG parameter (FM_LONG, FM_NUM and FM_CHAR).

> 4
>   I'd like to see a short comment describing at least new functions

Added some comments which describe new functions and old functions for
modifies functions which is used for loading dictionaries.

At the moment, comments does not describe functions which used for word
normalization. But I can add more comments.

> 5
>   Pls, add tests for new code.

Added tests. Old sample dictionaries files was moved to the folder
"dicts". New sample dictionaries files was added:
- hunspell_sample_long.affix
- hunspell_sample_long.dict
- hunspell_sample_num.affix
- hunspell_sample_num.dict

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Вложения

Re: [PROPOSAL] Improvements of Hunspell dictionaries support

От
Artur Zakirov
Дата:
On 16.02.2016 18:14, Artur Zakirov wrote:
> I attached a new version of the patch.

Sorry for noise. I attached new version of the patch. I saw mistakes in
DecodeFlag(). This patch fix them.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company