Обсуждение: Getting list of held lwlocks from debugger

Getting list of held lwlocks from debugger

От
Jeff Janes
Дата:
Is there an easy way to get a list of held lwlocks out of gdb attached to a core dump (or for that matter attached to a live process)?

I can try manually walking the internal data structure, but I am hoping for something analogous to the way you get memory contexts:

(gdb) p MemoryContextStats(TopMemoryContext)

Cheers,

Jeff

Re: Getting list of held lwlocks from debugger

Дата:
> Is there an easy way to get a list of held lwlocks out of gdb attached to a
> core dump (or for that matter attached to a live process)?

There's the held_lwlocks array in lwlock.c, but that will just give you
pointers.  What I imagine you're wishing for is some symbolic display
of which locks they are, and I see no code for that.

The "lock tranche" infrastructure that Robert's been working on would
allow for reasonably decent printout, but it's not complete yet ...
        regards, tom lane