Обсуждение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for client programs

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for client programs

Дата:
> Add TAP tests for client programs

I assume the buildfarm would need to be taught about this?
        regards, tom lane

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for client programs

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 04/14/2014 10:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Add TAP tests for client programs
> I assume the buildfarm would need to be taught about this?

Yes. It probably won't be a huge change, but it will need a bit of code.

cheers

andrew

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for client programs

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 04/14/2014 10:30 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 04/14/2014 10:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>>> Add TAP tests for client programs
>> I assume the buildfarm would need to be taught about this?
>>

> Yes. It probably won't be a huge change, but it will need a bit of code.

And it won't work on most or all Windows machines, since they almost
certainly won't have IPC::Run installed.

That's *very* annoying.

cheers

andrew

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for client programs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 4/14/14, 10:30 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 04/14/2014 10:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>>> Add TAP tests for client programs
>> I assume the buildfarm would need to be taught about this?
>>

> Yes. It probably won't be a huge change, but it will need a bit of code.

It might be more future-proof if the build farm just called make
check-world and used some other way to identify the individual tests in
that output.  Otherwise, we'll need a new build farm release every time
a test suite is added.

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for client programs

Дата:
> On 4/14/14, 10:30 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Yes. It probably won't be a huge change, but it will need a bit of code.

> It might be more future-proof if the build farm just called make
> check-world and used some other way to identify the individual tests in
> that output.  Otherwise, we'll need a new build farm release every time
> a test suite is added.

That argument would be more convincing if "make check-world" worked
on Windows ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add TAP tests for client programs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 4/15/14, 11:11 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 4/14/14, 10:30 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Yes. It probably won't be a huge change, but it will need a bit of code.
>
>> It might be more future-proof if the build farm just called make
>> check-world and used some other way to identify the individual tests in
>> that output.  Otherwise, we'll need a new build farm release every time
>> a test suite is added.
>
> That argument would be more convincing if "make check-world" worked
> on Windows ...

What about it doesn't work on Windows?