Обсуждение: isolation test fails on installcheck

isolation test fails on installcheck

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi,

I was running some tests, and noted $SUBJECT.
It fails consistently on current HEAD (without any patch).

Parameters i changed:

            name            |      setting
----------------------------+--------------------
 archive_command            | exit 0
 archive_mode                  | on
 effective_cache_size        | 262144
 hot_standby                    | on
 listen_addresses             | *
 log_timezone                  | America/Guayaquil
 logging_collector             | on
 max_wal_senders           | 10
 random_page_cost          | 2.5
 shared_buffers                 | 65536
 synchronous_commit       | off
 TimeZone                        | America/Guayaquil
 wal_keep_segments         | 100
 wal_level                         | hot_standby
 work_mem                      | 5120

Attached regressions.diff, basically the fails give an error of
"select failed: Interrupted system call"

I hope nobody says it's my machine's fault

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Вложения

Re: isolation test fails on installcheck

Дата:
Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> I was running some tests, and noted $SUBJECT.
> It fails consistently on current HEAD (without any patch).
> Attached regressions.diff, basically the fails give an error of
> "select failed: Interrupted system call"

Hm, looks to me like the select() error path at isolationtester.c:717
ought to consider EINTR as a retryable case.  Curious though that we
have not seen this in the buildfarm ... unless maybe this explains the
failures-with-no-output that have been seen on some of the Windows
critters?  But you'd think we'd see the "select failed:" message if so.
        regards, tom lane

Re: isolation test fails on installcheck

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Curious though that we
> have not seen this in the buildfarm ...

anyway, your commit fix the problem. thanks

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación
Phone: +593 4 5107566         Cell: +593 987171157

Re: isolation test fails on installcheck

Дата:
Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Curious though that we
>> have not seen this in the buildfarm ...

> anyway, your commit fix the problem. thanks

Thanks for confirming.  What platform are you testing on, anyway?
I'm still wondering why you saw it when the buildfarm did not.
        regards, tom lane

Re: isolation test fails on installcheck

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Curious though that we
>>> have not seen this in the buildfarm ...
>
>> anyway, your commit fix the problem. thanks
>
> Thanks for confirming.  What platform are you testing on, anyway?
> I'm still wondering why you saw it when the buildfarm did not.

Debian 7 (64 bits)
Kernel: 3.2.41-2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
gcc 4.7.2

don't know what else you could need, please let me know if you want
any other info

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación
Phone: +593 4 5107566         Cell: +593 987171157

Re: isolation test fails on installcheck

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>>
>>> anyway, your commit fix the problem. thanks
>>
>> Thanks for confirming.  What platform are you testing on, anyway?
>> I'm still wondering why you saw it when the buildfarm did not.
>>

> Debian 7 (64 bits)
> Kernel: 3.2.41-2
> Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
> gcc 4.7.2
>
> don't know what else you could need, please let me know if you want
> any other info

argh! sorry, i forgot that the tests were run in a test machine so the
real information is:

Debian 6
Kernel: 2.6.32-5-amd64
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 TL-60