Обсуждение: A question about the psql \copy command

A question about the psql \copy command

От
"Etsuro Fujita"
Дата:
Through the work on the patch [1], I had a question about the psql \copy
command.  We are permitted 1) but not permitted 2):
1) \copy foo from stdin ;
2) \copy foo from stdin;
Is this intentional?  I think it would be better to allow for 2).  Attached is a
patch.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1]
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/002e01cdff64$a53663b0$efa32b10$@kapila@huaw
ei.com

Re: A question about the psql \copy command

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Through the work on the patch [1], I had a question about the psql \copy
> command.  We are permitted 1) but not permitted 2):
> 1) \copy foo from stdin ;
> 2) \copy foo from stdin;
> Is this intentional?  I think it would be better to allow for 2).  Attached is a
> patch.

Sounds reasonable to me.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: A question about the psql \copy command

От
Amit Kapila
Дата:
On Thursday, February 07, 2013 6:15 PM Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Through the work on the patch [1], I had a question about the psql
> \copy command.  We are permitted 1) but not permitted 2):
> 1) \copy foo from stdin ;
> 2) \copy foo from stdin;
> Is this intentional?  I think it would be better to allow for 2).
> Attached is a patch.

Verified that attached patch resolves the problem mentioned by you.
Ran the regression to ensure that it should not break any existing syntax.

Although this is minor bug, but IMO it will improve consistency among \
commands, because other works fine with ";"

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Re: A question about the psql \copy command

Дата:
On Thu, Feb  7, 2013 at 09:45:17PM +0900, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Through the work on the patch [1], I had a question about the psql \copy
> command.  We are permitted 1) but not permitted 2):
> 1) \copy foo from stdin ;
> 2) \copy foo from stdin;
> Is this intentional?  I think it would be better to allow for 2).  Attached is a
> patch.

Modified, attached patch applied.  Thanks.