Обсуждение: Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports

Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports

От
Florian Pflug
Дата:
I've recently gotten annoyed again by the sorry state of docbook
SGML support in macports, and finally decided to do something
about it (OK, the fact that I recently deleted my Ubuntu VM,
forgetting that one of the reasons I had it was to be able to
build our docs has something to do with it also...)

I've patched the ports for openjade, iso8879 and docbook-dsssl,
and added a new port for docbook-sgml-4.2. These patches are sitting
in the macports trac now, waiting to be applied.

In the mean time, the modified ports are all contained in the
attached tar.bz2, should any of ye fellow OSX users want to try them
out before that.

Simply extract that archive, and add
  file://<Absolute path to the extracted archive>
to /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf. After that,
  port install openjade docbook-sgml-4.2
should give you a working docbook SGML environment.

Should openjade fail to build, try
  port install openjade -universal
instead. On my machine, with XCode 4.2 installed, the universal variant
of openjade fails to build for some reason.

Many thanks to Bernd Helmle for his blog entry on the subject of
docbook SGML and macports[1]. Without that, I probably would have
created a new Ubuntu VM instead of playing with this.

best regards,
Florian Pflug

[1] http://psoos.blogspot.com/2009/09/building-postgresql-documentation-on.html

Вложения

Re: Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports

От
Dan Ports
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 02:02:09AM +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:
> I've patched the ports for openjade, iso8879 and docbook-dsssl,
> and added a new port for docbook-sgml-4.2. These patches are sitting
> in the macports trac now, waiting to be applied.

I'll try to take a look at them in the next couple days (with my
MacPorts hat on), unless someone beats me to it.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/

Re: Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports

От
Bernd Helmle

--On 20. Oktober 2011 02:02:09 +0200 Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:

> In the mean time, the modified ports are all contained in the
> attached tar.bz2, should any of ye fellow OSX users want to try them
> out before that.
>
> Simply extract that archive, and add
>   file://<Absolute path to the extracted archive>
> to /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf. After that,
>   port install openjade docbook-sgml-4.2
> should give you a working docbook SGML environment.

Very cool! Will test it tomorrow...

--
Thanks
Bernd

Re: Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports

От
Florian Pflug
Дата:
On Oct20, 2011, at 05:07 , Dan Ports wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 02:02:09AM +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:
>> I've patched the ports for openjade, iso8879 and docbook-dsssl,
>> and added a new port for docbook-sgml-4.2. These patches are sitting
>> in the macports trac now, waiting to be applied.
>
> I'll try to take a look at them in the next couple days (with my
> MacPorts hat on), unless someone beats me to it.

And an effective hat that was! Thanks for cleaning up and applying
all of those patches, Dan!

Should someone want to try this out, beware that clang (at least
the version shipped with XCode 4.2) doesn't like openjade. Also,
universal builds of openjade seem to be broken. On my machine, I
thus need to say
 port install openjade -universal configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2

instead of just
 port install openjade

I've submitted a patch for that, so hopefully that problem too will
go away in the near future.

Anyway, after having installed openjade, a simple
 port install docbook-sgml-4.2

should be enough to make our documentation build work.

best regards,
Florian Pflug