Обсуждение: XML schema validation

XML schema validation

От
Tomáš Pospíšil
Дата:
Hi hackers,

I choose (for my master's thesis) support PostgresSQL XML schema validation. Is anybody there with suggestions? I had a
lookat current state and noted that there is commented out code for DTD.

My plan is to use libxml2, that have in the last version better support for DTD, XSD and Relax NG (must be checked) and
useas much as possible of SQL:2008.

Tomas Pospisil

Re: XML schema validation

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Tomáš Pospíšil <killteck@seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> I choose (for my master's thesis) support PostgresSQL XML schema validation. Is anybody there with suggestions? I had
alook at current state and noted that there is commented out code for DTD.

> My plan is to use libxml2, that have in the last version better support for DTD, XSD and Relax NG (must be checked)
anduse as much as possible of SQL:2008.

Is this something you're looking to have committed, or just a private project?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [HACKERS] XML schema validation

От
Tomáš Pospíšil
Дата:
Hi Robert,

I would like to contribute for community. Under licence used by PostgreSQL.

So is (or was) there anybody with the same interest as me?

> Od: Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
> Předmět: Re: [HACKERS] XML schema validation
> Datum: 15.10.2010 05:02:56
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Tomáš Pospíšil <killteck@seznam.cz> wrote:
> > Hi hackers,
> >
> > I choose (for my master's thesis) support PostgresSQL XML schema validation.
> Is anybody there with suggestions? I had a look at current state and noted that
> there is commented out code for DTD.
> >
> > My plan is to use libxml2, that have in the last version better support for
> DTD, XSD and Relax NG (must be checked) and use as much as possible of
> SQL:2008.
>
> Is this something you're looking to have committed, or just a private project?
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Re: [HACKERS] XML schema validation

От
Mike Fowler
Дата:
On 15/10/10 15:08, Tomáš Pospíšil wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I would like to contribute for community. Under licence used by PostgreSQL.
>
> So is (or was) there anybody with the same interest as me?

Yes, I've been looking at improving the XML support overall, or at least
working to finish the implementation of the SQL 2008 XML specification.
Currently I've been looking at implementing XQuery, however I have
recently started to come to the conclusion that Schema validation should
be implemented first as there is some overlap of functionality.

What have you looked at? Do you have an outline design you could share
on how you would go about adding schema validation?

Regrads,

--
Mike Fowler
Registered Linux user: 379787